How far is KAHULUI MAUI AIRPORT from lahaina pier ?

melika091900

Does anyone know how long it takes to get to the airport in maui from Lahaina ? Im trying to book a car rental in maui, and they offer a shuttle service, but im wondering if its better to pay more and rent from somewhere close to the pier? or save money and rent from the airport like from enterprise? they had the best rates

any info id appreciate,

thank you

melissa

Does anyone know how long it takes to get to the airport in maui from Lahaina ? Im trying to book a car rental in maui, and they offer a shuttle service, but im wondering if its better to pay more and rent from somewhere close to the pier? or save money and rent from the airport like from enterprise? they had the best rates

any info id appreciate,

thank you

melissa

The Kahului airport is around 45 minutes to an hour depending on traffic from Lahaina. It would be better to rent from the West Maui airport.

On our last three cruises, we have rented from ENTERPRISE in the Sheraton Hotel in Kaanapali. They have always given us good shuttle service from/to the ship. We called them when we were on the tender, and they came right down. Phone is 800-261-7331. Local number for pick up 808-661-8804. I guess you'll need to try the numbers to make sure they haven't changed. If you are anchored in Lahaina, you definitely do not want to rent a car from the Kahului Airport. Have a wonderful time! Bucky

On our last three cruises, we have rented from ENTERPRISE in the Sheraton Hotel in Kaanapali. They have always given us good shuttle service from/to the ship. We called them when we were on the tender, and they came right down. Phone is 800-261-7331. Local number for pick up 808-661-8804. I guess you'll need to try the numbers to make sure they haven't changed. If you are anchored in Lahaina, you definitely do not want to rent a car from the Kahului Airport. Have a wonderful time! Bucky

great.. thanks for the info and the phone numbers ...

did you book it ahead of time online ? or on thephone ?

Melissa

Aloha. I answered your question to me on the other thread, but will recap here.

No car rental company will shuttle the almost 1 hour drive across the island from Lahaina to Kahului.

You will rent from the Enterprise location at the Ka'anapali Sheraton or from the West Maui Airport locations (designator JHM). They do send shuttles to and from the Lahaina tender pier for the west side locations. Those locations close early.

I can't stress this enough: Book ahead of time. Do not wait. There are thousands of land visitors on the islands every day of the year, and you're competing with them for car rentals. Often the smaller locations (and west side Maui would definitely be among those) sell out of cars well in advance. Check the various companies online sites as prices can be very good. West side prices will probably be higher, but I'm not sure about that.

beachchick

Melissa - I really don't remember but I think I did it on the phone, and by all means do it ahead of time. I book our cars as soon as I make cruise reservations - mostly because that's the part I dislike most about trip planning! Then, if you have the time and find something better/cheaper you can always cancel and rebook. I have always called the Enterprise local Sheraton Hotel number on Maui close to our pick-up date just to make sure they have our reservation. Never have had a problem with them.

I would never plan on just being able to rent a car on the the day of arrival. It might work, but we have seen people turned away. Hawaii is just a great place to "do your own thing," and I would not chance waiting 'till the last minute to reserve a car on any of the islands.

Archived