deep sea fishing`

jhall131

We have one booked for our cruise next week. When we get back 3/17; I'll come back and post the review of how the fishing charter was. We booked a charter outside of the ship excursion, so crossing our fingers as we haven't done that before!

Will let you know how it goes soon!

You can Google "fishing cozumel" or "deep sea fishing in Cozumel". Choose from among the top three and ask them via thier site email about their charters.

You rarely hear negative reviews on Cozumel fishing charter operators actually; they are all pretty professional in the delivery of their charters.

BTW, Cozumel is bidding to host the 2009 WORLD SPORT FISHING CHAMPIONSHIPS, to give you an idea of the abundance of fish in Mexico's Caribbean.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm too interested in an independent sport fishing tour operator. Any suggestions and can you comment on your experience?

TIA!

Actually no, we cannot comment on our own experience here. There are many good operators in Cozumel. In fact I don't know any that are not pretty good at it. You should have no problem, follow the path laid in earlier post of this thread.

Actually no, we cannot comment on our own experience here. There are many good operators in Cozumel. In fact I don't know any that are not pretty good at it. You should have no problem, follow the path laid in earlier post of this thread.

Thanks for your response. I'm guessing you might be an operator yourself since you've said you can't comment on your own experiences. :D ;)

It's not against posting guidelines for fellow cruisers to post tour operator names when someone has asked.

There is no path on this thread. An operator has yet to be named. :confused:

I'm aware there are many to choose from hence the reason I'm casting a net out to see where other cruisers are booking. I haven't seen enough reviews of any one company to actually book one yet. I'm not into winging it. I'd book through the ship just for confidence if push comes to shove. However, I'd much rather get some guidance from fellow cruisers and save a couple hundred bucks. :cool: Plus, I want a morning fish trip and the ship's is in the afternoon.

The "path" I mentioned was to Google "Cozumel fishing" or fishing in Cozumel". You'll hit on a good operator I'm sure. I will tell you this; the company that delivers the ships charters is a long established company here with a good reputation. Of course there are choices. I hope you find a cruiser with some past experience; there are thousands who've done charters in Cozumel.

Good luck; you'll find one just scout around a little.

Archived