Will we make it in time for Waverunner Excursion

Fragile-Beauty

We are arriving in Grand Cayman on April 10th. Our ship docks at 7:00 a.m. Our excursion time is 9:00 a.m. with Island Marketing. How can we be one of the first off our ship which is the Grandeur of the Seas? I heard you can only get off early if you have booked an excursion on board the ship.

Thanks, any ideas.......

You are in the same boat we are (no pun intended):) . We will be in Grand Cayman in May, and will be arriving at 7am. Our waverunner excursion also begins at 9am. I would email the company you are doing your excursion with and let them know your situation. That is what I did and they assured us that this happens all the time and not to worry, we would make it on time.

Hope this helps!

Tim

Just go down at 7am and get a tender ticket. The excursion people all know the schedules of all the cruise ships. They wouldn't have a 9am excursion if it wasn't possible to make it there in time. You'll make it! You'll have a great time too!! :D

We were on the Conquest last month and did this excursion at 9am. My DH went down and got us a tender ticket, they called our number by 7:45 and we were on the beach at the resort by 8:15. It was a very smooth process. As soon as you get to the pier tell a taxi driver you need to go to the Grand Caymian Resort, they will get you a taxi (it was 6pp each way, there were 4 of us). We asked the driver if he would come back and get us, he gave us his card and told us to just call when we were ready (the hotel let us call for free). He came and took us to town so we could do some shopping. We were only 2 or 3 blocks from the pier. I would say this was the best excursion we had on the trip..... Enjoy!

We booked with Ebankswatersports.com. It was $150 for one waverunner with two people. The price is $110 for one person on a waverunner. The tour lasts 2 hrs. and goes to stingray city and the reef.

Hope that helps!

Tim:cool:

:confused: This sound great, but my wife is not much of a swimmer. Do you get out in deep water or is it more shallow? We've booked excursions for every port but this one, and were looking for something different. Also, how long are you actually on the waverunners? Thanks for any info anyone can offer!

With Island Mktg. we started out in shallow water at the beach, then drove to the sandbar. Stingray City sandbar was shallow too (no more than waist deep). You are given life jackets to wear so if you fall off (trust me you have to TRY and tip the ski or fall off), very very stable ski's (we owned our own). After that we drove to Rum Point beach, which was once again no more than waist deep. I'm sure they would let you keep your vest on even while in the water. We are planning on returning next year with the kids, they can hardly wait. :D :D

We just came back from our waverunner tour and I think I should tell you that alot of people fell off more than once. It is unusual but the day that we went it was extremely windy and rough. The waverunners were hard to operate and it was so bumpy that everyone was falling off. Including myself. We even rolled over going into stingray city when we were barely moving. We probably had worse wind than most people, but it is not impossible to fall off. Just so you know.

In my opinion they should have given us the option of cancelling because it was not enjoyable because we had to work so hard at driving the waverunner through the rough waters. Most of us couldn't move for 2 days we were so sore.

I think in good weather conditions it will be great. Just a warning, watch the wind and sea.

Have fun

• 3 weeks later...
We are also booked on this excursion in June. Could someone please tell me what there is to do at Rum Point?

Thanks,

Luanne

Not much to do at Rum Point. My opinion was it was a waste of time, I would have rather spent the time with the stingrays than go to Rum Point Beach. We still had a great time.... It was very beautiful and would be a nice place for a land vacation but all there was to do was rest, have a drink (VERY EXPENSIVE) and maybe get a bite to eat. I think we were there for a total of 20 minutes. All in All You will have a great time on the waverunners and with the rays just plan on taking plenty of money if you plan on buying anything at Rum Point (all their prices were listed in Cayman dollars not American dollars).....:D

Which ship offers the waverunner excursion or are you booking it on your own??? If so, who with???

thanks,

susan

I didn't notice any waverunner excursions on the ship (Carnival Conquest). We booked online with Island Marketing. They were great, emailed us immediately with all the info. There are several other companies that have popped up since then that you might check into. We had a great time and are returning next year with our kids. If we do nothing else we will do the waverunners in Cayman.....:D

• 2 weeks later...

Getting on the waverunner at the sandbar was exactly the same as getting on the waverunner at the starting point. There was a little bit of a balancing act if there are two people on them but not a big deal.

We are arriving in Grand Cayman on April 10th. Our ship docks at 7:00 a.m. Our excursion time is 9:00 a.m. with Island Marketing. How can we be one of the first off our ship which is the Grandeur of the Seas? I heard you can only get off early if you have booked an excursion on board the ship.

Thanks, any ideas.......

Thanks everyone, I was beginning to get worried. I am glad now that it is scheduled for 9:00 a.m. so we can have time to do some shopping in town.

My family is getting so excited.

Stop & think about this....

Not everyone can be the first passenger off the ship !

The tours exist only because of ships docking there. Your tour will wait for you if you are not there at 9AM. It happens all the time.

:confused: This sound great, but my wife is not much of a swimmer. Do you get out in deep water or is it more shallow? We've booked excursions for every port but this one, and were looking for something different. Also, how long are you actually on the waverunners? Thanks for any info anyone can offer!

I can't swim either. :D If she's wearing a vest though, nothing is going to happen to her. I've only done waverunners once, and it was in Lake Michigan, but when I fell off I probably went under for a second, and then I just floated. Normally I'd panic, but the vest kept me up and it was no big deal. She should definitely try it, she'd probably really enjoy it.

We just got back two weeks ago from Cayman and booked a wave runner with Ebanks Watersports. They are great and will make you feel 100% safe and are very patient. It is not hard to get on the wave runner whether you fall off or not. The one day we did it, the water was extremely rough, but we never fell off, just had to go a little slower until we got to calmer waters. I would highly recommend doing the wave runner tour with Ebanks Watersports. You don't have to book through your cruise ship or another company, you can go straight to www.ebankswatersports.com and book right on their web site. The owner of the company, Shawn Ebanks, will get right back to you and take care of anything you need.

Do you get any time to snorkel on these excursions? We'd really like to have the opportunity to snorkel in Grand Cayman but these waverunners look too fun!

I'm still debating which company would be the best....but am pretty sure we'll be doing this. :D

Archived