Roll Call - Aquafest Halloween Cruise 10/28/07 - 11/04/07

gmhohio

Hi guys:

I'm so glad you got booked. I'm afraid there are going to be a lot of PO'd queens standing at the dock shaking their Halloween costumes because they waited too late. I try to post info like the ship filling up to my Yahoo group if I hear of it. I can't remember at the moment whether you're members of the group or not but you're certainly free to go out and join. (This applies to everyone)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aquafestcruises/

I know that we only met briefly last year before dinner one night but I hope we get to know you both better this cruise.

Take care and we'll see ya in October, Glenn and Shane

Thanks guys,

We are looking forward to getting to know you better as well.

Andy is a member of the yahoo group and he usually keeps me posted on what is happening! :)

I am so glad that I checked when I did or we might have been the ones standing on the dock. :confused:

Take care,

Kent & Andy

I just checked the RCCL website and only 5 Jr Suites left and no Owner Suites. We are in cabin 9576 which is a D2.

We have 2 free flight tickets from American....we got ourselves bumped last month coming back from Fort Lauderdale. So we just need to decide if we want to use them for this cruise or try a package deal.

txfab

Andy

Good Morning All! My partner and I just took the RSVP Caribbean Cruise and had the time of our lives. We are looking into a cruise for next year and Aquafest pricing is very attractive but we are concerned about "sharing" the ship. Does anyone have a preference of charter or group? If you have been on both does the atmosphere feel different?

Thanks and enjoy your Halloween trip!

Tim

Good Morning All! My partner and I just took the RSVP Caribbean Cruise and had the time of our lives. We are looking into a cruise for next year and Aquafest pricing is very attractive but we are concerned about "sharing" the ship. Does anyone have a preference of charter or group? If you have been on both does the atmosphere feel different?

Thanks and enjoy your Halloween trip!

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for asking the question. To date, I've done two RSVPs and two Aquafests. Both types of cruises charters vs. groups have benefits that the other doesn't. Obviously one of the benefits of an RSVP cruise is that you have the whole ship and you do not have to worry about disparaging remarks from straight people. On a cruise where one is in a group, obviously there will be non gay people around, however all of my experiences as part of a gay group with straights on board have all been good.

I've heard that people have overheard disparaging remarks, but I've not experienced that. For the most part, the other passengers have commented to me how much fun it looks like we are having. I've also had other passengers ask how they can sneak into our private venues. Additionally, the crew has always bent over backwards to make sure that we were accomodated as well.

An advantage that I've also found that a group has over a charter is the size of the group. With a group, they are able to get all of us together at one time. We may all be in the same lounge or we may have taken over the theater. It gives you a better opportunity to build friendships based on the common experiences you have had during a specific show or game or cocktail hour. Especially with the Halloween Cruise, many people return year after year, almost giving the cruise a reunion flavor.

I hope that this gives you a decent answer to your questions. I'm sure some of the other posters on this board could probably add more to what I've said. Please feel free to ask any more questions.

Regards,

Greetings All!

My DH and I will be going, and we can't wait!

I had no idea there would be so many of us. Tell me, do MOST of the group attend every function, or do you just hit SOME of the parties/get togethers? I imagine everyone goes to the Halloween party, but what about the others? Also, does aquafest arrange our functions around the shows, etc... or do we choose which we want to attend?

We're counting down the days!

Some of the events will conflict with shows on the ship...like the ice show or quest. In the past, they have been good at starting dances late so you can make it to some of a show.

Each event is well attended and organzied. They start on time and they keep out the people who try to sneak in not associated with this group. Get to the private shows early or you will be standing in the back. Also, the bars get crowded so think about ordering at another bar and carry in.

Tim, we were on RSVP with you in Feb. The Aqua Halloween cruise last year was more a party crowd (450 people). The two Spring cruises we took with them have been smaller and just as good.

Being, on the MOS, this group will have more room for shows and dances.

txfab

I have some women friends that are interested, but they're thinking that they'd be the only women. I see from the past photos that SOME women are on the cruise, but what kind of percent would you guess?

(I'm trying my hardest to convince them to go!!)

Hi Anthvick,

From what I've heard in the past from the Aquafest people that 10 - 20% of the group passengers have been women. What's more important is that the women are very much included in the activities and that we all tend to enjoy each other's company.

Additionally there are always additional gatherings for people throughout the week. Special gatherings for singles, couples and Lesbians are usually held (however all are welcome to attend).

Hope this helps you to convince your friends to sign up.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Anthvick,

From what I've heard in the past from the Aquafest people that 10 - 20% of the group passengers have been women. What's more important is that the women are very much included in the activities and that we all tend to enjoy each other's company.

Additionally there are always additional gatherings for people throughout the week. Special gatherings for singles, couples and Lesbians are usually held (however all are welcome to attend).

Hope this helps you to convince your friends to sign up.

Thanks for the info, Gregg!! My friends booked with Aquafest this week!!!

We can't wait!!!!

Thanks for the info, Gregg!! My friends booked with Aquafest this week!!!

We can't wait!!!!

They'll have a great time. This is our third year and we plan to be back every year from now on. See ya soon! Glenn and Shane

Hello,

My partner & I are newbies to cruising, and we will be on the Aquafest Halloween cruise. Any advice on the two Shoretrips excursions that Aquafest is suggesting? (one in St. Johns and one in St. Maarten) Are they worthwhile? Or is it better to take a shore excursion through the cruiseline? Also, which of these ports (St. Thomas or St. Maarten) is more of a "must-see" for sightseeing?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

St Thomas is great for shopping, that I remember. I've been there a couple of times and have enjoyed myself both times. The excursions I've done have been "generic" island tours that I have enjoyed.

I went the St Maarten many years ago and did an island tour there but it's been so long I don't have a good enough background/memory to recommend.

By all means though, plan on some shopping in St Thomas if it's your pleasure.

jerij

Hi folks: Here's some information on the tours/beaches.

Orient Beach in St. Maarten (French side) - Many consider this the island's most beautiful beach, but its satiny white sand, underwater marine reserve, variety of water sports, beach bars, and hotels also make it the most crowded. The conservative north end is more family-oriented while the liberal south end is clothing-optional and eventually becomes a full-scale nude beach.

Orient is not really a gay beach but I've read that gays do tend to gather at the Con Tiki bar on Orient Beach. Not so much cruisy as just a place to hang.

http://www.kontikibeachsxm.com/ :cool:

St. Thomas is our shopping port. That's where Shane follows me around carrying the bags. Love it. :D

I've never been to St John but it would probably be great.

Glenn

• 2 weeks later...

Since the airport's in Orlando, the cruise port's at Port Canaveral and

there's not really a gay venue in the Port Canaveral/CoCo Beach area; the

latest hotel added to Cruise Control (Country Inns & Suites By Carlson,

Cape Canaveral, FL) is offering a pre-cruise reception for us the

evening before the cruise.

The hotel will be offering complimentary beer, wine and Hors d'oeuvres

in their banquet room per my converstion with Brandy this week. She's

very sweet and helpful if you need any help or to ask any questions.

You can book the hotel at

http://www.countryinns.com/mgwcrs

or give Brandy a call at 321-784-8500.

*****cruisecontrol/default.asp

Hi Glenn,

Just a couple of quick questions. Is the reception held at the Country Inn only for guests of the Country Inn or are all Aquafest Cruisers invited regardlesss of where they are staying? My other question, it's probably way too early to have been decided, but has Aquafest announced the location of the traditional pre cruise party yet?

Thanks for the info you've provided so far.... :)

Hi Gregg:

I called the agency this afternoon to check on the questions you had. They were going to change the description on Country Inns and Suites in Cape Canavera since it was a bit confusing. This meet and greet is just for hotel guests, We'll probably do something in Orlando the day before the cruise but go down to Cape Canaveral late that afternoon and spend the night there. I'd feel better already being there.

No word yet on plans for an Aquafest planned pre-cruise party. I'm sure as soon as they decide they'll let us know.

TaKe care, Glenn

Thanks Glenn,

Appreciate the clarification. These days I tend to get a little addle brained and need all the help I can get to keep things straight, oops I mean gaily ordered. :p

Only 5 months left until the cruise. Need start finding the steamer trunk!

Have a great Holiday Weekend and thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived