Caribbean Princess Mini-Suite Questions

SC_Sam

After doing a balcony cabin on our first four cruises on Princess, DW has now decided (demanded) that we get a mini-suite on our next cruise, which will be on CB on 7/29. Other than having peeked in D236 on Crown last week, I don't know anything about the minis.

What's the difference between the different categories AA, AB, AC, and AD? Are all the side balconies uncovered, or are some covered, or at least partially covered?

Also, DW likes a room where the hallway is on the left side of the room, with the bathroom on the right side, as you walk in the door. In other words, as you were standing in the hallway looking at the doors for two cabins side by side, she likes the one on the right. (I know, I know, it's just easier to humor her. Trust me...)

Anybody got any cabin advice or recommendations?

Thanks.

We were in a mini-suite on Dolphin deck 2 years ago. If my memory is not what it could be, I would appreciate other posters making corrections as needed!!

The difference in cabin category has to do with the location on the particular floor - AA is more mid-ship, lower categories are more toward either end of the ship.

Dolphin balconies are completely open (never bothered us, but I know that it really has bothered others). Caribe deck balconies are 1/2 covered and I believe larger than other decks.

We REALLY enjoyed our mini-suite - I hope you do too!!!!

We were in a mini-suite on Dolphin deck 2 years ago. If my memory is not what it could be, I would appreciate other posters making corrections as needed!!

The difference in cabin category has to do with the location on the particular floor - AA is more mid-ship, lower categories are more toward either end of the ship.

Dolphin balconies are completely open (never bothered us, but I know that it really has bothered others). Caribe deck balconies are 1/2 covered and I believe larger than other decks.

We REALLY enjoyed our mini-suite - I hope you do too!!!!

Your memory is OK!:p

The nice big balconies on the caribe deck are not minis though.There are some covered minis on Emerald deck aft but not a lot.

Bill

If you want a covered balcony, minisuites on Emerald Deck are covered. If you are lucky enough to get the last cabin on either side, the balcony will be twice as large. I believe that Princess minisuites are best cabin deal at sea. Minisuite is larger than balcony cabin with a large couch, 2 TVs and full tub in the bathroom.

If you want a covered balcony, minisuites on Emerald Deck are covered. If you are lucky enough to get the last cabin on either side, the balcony will be twice as large. I believe that Princess minisuites are best cabin deal at sea. Minisuite is larger than balcony cabin with a large couch, 2 TVs and full tub in the bathroom.

But the other one may be available but thats probobly a long shot

After doing a balcony cabin on our first four cruises on Princess, DW has now decided (demanded) that we get a mini-suite on our next cruise, which will be on CB on 7/29. Other than having peeked in D236 on Crown last week, I don't know anything about the minis.

What's the difference between the different categories AA, AB, AC, and AD? Are all the side balconies uncovered, or are some covered, or at least partially covered?

Also, DW likes a room where the hallway is on the left side of the room, with the bathroom on the right side, as you walk in the door. In other words, as you were standing in the hallway looking at the doors for two cabins side by side, she likes the one on the right. (I know, I know, it's just easier to humor her. Trust me...)

Anybody got any cabin advice or recommendations?

Thanks.

I saw this on my agents website

We were in D726 last year and it's a category AC at the rear port side of the ship and we loved it. Its almost across the hall from the laundry room but that was no problem at all. The bathroom was opposite of how your wife likes it (left side as you enter the cabin), so I guess you would want D724.

We were in D726 last year and it's a category AC at the rear port side of the ship and we loved it. Its almost across the hall from the laundry room but that was no problem at all. The bathroom was opposite of how your wife likes it (left side as you enter the cabin), so I guess you would want D724.

Just checked pictures from our cabin and bathroom was on the "right" as you enter. Guess my memory isn't as good as I thought.

Link to pictures if interested: http://ghensel1.photosite.com/

Archived