Careful Of Booking Spirit Airlines

Spirit’s new approach liberates customers from being forced into paying for services they do not desire or use.

Really, how many passengers don't want to trvel with luggage?:confused:

According to Spirit..30 to 50% of their passangers do not check luggage.

"Between 50% and 70% of Spirit's fliers now check bags" USA Today.

I don't have an issue with paying for an "extra bag"...what is annoying is that when I booked on line, there was no statement that came up telling me the rules were changing. That would have been nice to know before I booked - this is not insignificant when you are flying to a cruise - there is simply a lot to pack. I may have made a different choice of carrier, esepcially when a cruise is involved - it is hard to get a delayed bag to you when you are in the middle of the Caribbean Sea!!!

Don't get me wrong, I am happy to pay extra for my second bag - what is bothersome is that there is no guarantee it will get there (but is there very really a guarantee??:o ) and second, if they won't take it, what are you supposed to do with your suitcase - I am pretty sure that airport secruity has removed any lockers where you could store it for a week... Will Spirit hold your bag for you I wonder?

CCC

It looks like it's for new reservations only - you may want to call for clarification. From Spirit's website:

** For all new reservations for travel after June 19, 2007 customers will be given the allowance of one carry-on bag with the option to check additional bags for a fee. By early June, customers will have the ability to reserve their baggage for travel after June 19th at a reduced rate at spiritair.com. For details, visit spiritair.com.

Think I'll make a bit of popcorn and watch how this one goes.:D

Also from Spirit's website:

This Is One Club You Must Join

Exclusive, private sale fares for club members

You can rest easy when you purchase with us online at spiritair.com.

Privacy

We do not rent or sell your information to any third party.

Security

All personal information you submit is encrypted and secure.

Tired of fighting for Spirit’s amazingly low fares? Join the new $9 Fare Club!

If you are currently a FREE SPIRIT member, log in now to view your profile.

As a member of Spirit Airlines' new $9 Fare Club, you will have private access to amazingly low, member-only fares and deals from Spirit and other travel partners. Here are just a few of the benefits of being a member:

1. Guaranteed exclusive member-only low fares (at least once every 6 weeks)

2. On-site and e-mail access to deals

3. Automatic enrollment in our innovative FREE SPIRIT frequent flier program

So join today and start saving - a 3-month trial membership is only $9, and after that membership only costs $29.95 annually. Or, for an even better deal - get a complimentary membership just for having the FREE SPIRIT MasterCard and spending once per month on the card. If you don't have the card yet, apply today.

We understand how good it feels to buy an incredibly low fare, so let us give you that feeling again, and again, and again! Fill out the information below, and then pat yourself on the back, because you’ve just joined one of the most valuable travel clubs ever created!

Archived