daylight savings time change....

happy cruzin

Anyone thought about what is likely to happen to our countdown clocks when we change the clocks this weekend? :confused: I'm guess they could get all fubar...but we will have to wait and see.

Could cause us to miss the ship :confused:

I buy milk and bread and trade it for beer and cigarettes;)

seriously the tour folks are well aware of issue....for instance some ports in western carib areas are on central time and on March 11 will actually be two hours behind ship time (that sails from ft lauderdale). so if your tour is at 7:30 local time is 9:30 ship time...good for sleeping in, but just make sure you get back to the ship on time for sailing!! keep your watch on ship time.

I buy milk and bread and trade it for beer and cigarettes;)

seriously the tour folks are well aware of issue....for instance some ports in western carib areas are on central time and on March 11 will actually be two hours behind ship time (that sails from ft lauderdale). so if your tour is at 7:30 local time is 9:30 ship time...good for sleeping in, but just make sure you get back to the ship on time for sailing!! keep your watch on ship time.

SO do you know this to be fact? I haven't been able to get my PVP or anyone at Carnival to call me back.

I have booked in Belize & they say the ship doesn't set back & we will be 2 hours behind as you state. In Roatan, they are telling me the ship will set back, but we will still be 1 hour behind. I need to verify this reservation with times & cannot get an answer.

SO do you know this to be fact? I haven't been able to get my PVP or anyone at Carnival to call me back.

I have booked in Belize & they say the ship doesn't set back & we will be 2 hours behind as you state. In Roatan, they are telling me the ship will set back, but we will still be 1 hour behind. I need to verify this reservation with times & cannot get an answer.

people at coral breeze in belize said they would be two hours behind the boat. will get back from snorkeling at 1:00 local time which is 3:00 ship time

UB owes me a refund for the lost hour. :(

Oh - I couldn't agree more. I kept telling my DH that we lost an hour on our cruise. However, blame the government for changing it on us.

as far as the Ticker Clocks work and peoples personal computers

If the server your ticker uses has done their update patch, it will not be affected.

Most people who have Windows and pay attention to computer updates already have downloaded the patch.

people at coral breeze in belize said they would be two hours behind the boat. will get back from snorkeling at 1:00 local time which is 3:00 ship time

Funny...that's what they told me too! BUT.... I just got off the phone with Carnival finally and they said we go by the time that is REALLY is in each individual port!

Now I have no clue what time to make my plans for, esp in Roatan when they want to meet us at 7:30 their time...which I thought was at least 8:30 us & if we do that we will have to race off the ship to make it, since we arrive @ 7.

There has to be someone on here that cruised Valor & went to Belize/Roatan...did you change or not? Help!

as far as the Ticker Clocks work and peoples personal computers

If the server your ticker uses has done their update patch, it will not be affected.

Most people who have Windows and pay attention to computer updates already have downloaded the patch.

Yeah but itsn't comforting to know that Microsoft sent out a disclaimer last week that they are not 100% sure the patches will work.

Archived