would really appreciate your views

aussiespirit

post_new.gif Yesterday, 07:23 PM

aussiespirit user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_9323161", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon12.gifWould really appreciate your views

Hi, Last year we did a BB on Carnival Spirit, Hawaii to Vancouver, Inside passage and return to Vancouver. On this ship we loved:- our cabin- which was inside but very spacious and comfortable, the crew-wonderful, made us feel very special and pampered, food:- first class except for the seafood, (you cant beat Aussie Seafood!) the steaks especially were 5star, the boat:- absolutly beautiful, spacious, clean as a whistle and luxurious, entertainment:- really good shows every night in the theatre. Now, next year we are planning to go on a Polynesian Islands cruise, either on Saphire Princess or P & O's Sun Princess. We have heard so many negative things about P & O in the last 12 to 18 months and would love to hear your opinion of both ships.

A little about ourselves, we are 67yrs old but by no means decrepit, still active and love life!! but we arn't big on partying the night away and would absolutly hate to be on a ship with a lot of drunks! Especially on such a long cruise. I suppose our main requirements are:- comfy cabin, (it will once again be an inside cabin, we only sleep and shower in there so dont need a view), good entertainment at night, nice swimming pools and lounging area's, good food and service. Hope to hear from lots of you, I know its a long time to these cruises but I like to start planning early!

Well, for starters I am one who prefers the Sun class ships to the Grand/modified Grand class ships.

Size is much more manageable, and they are better "sea boats" in rough water, due to fineness of hull (length/breadth ratio).

Can't speak to P&O (Aus) management of ships, but I think P&O (UK) and Princess are top-notch.

I'm sure others will weigh in with their opinions. We are in your age range!

We were on the Sun in December, 2006, while she was still under the Princess flag ~ I understand she is just on loan to P & O. The Sapphire is a newer ship, sister to the Diamond Princess, and said to be quite nice. We haven't had the opportunity to sail either of them yet. All in all, I think you will be happy with either ship, but if you prefer bigger and newer, then the Sapphire should be your choice.

Hi,

I think that the longer the cruise the less apt you are to have problems with really drunk people. I also think that Princess is a little more subdued than Carnival. We had wonderful cruises with Princess. Just my opinion.

Archived