St. Thomas & St. John in 1 Day? Can it be done??

galvezhome

:confused: Is it possible to do and see both islands? were on the CarnivalTriumph in Aug and there is only supposed to be 2ships there including ours. We are in port for a long time from 8am-8pm. so i think its possible. If it is i was thinking going over to st. john first and go to a beach not sure which one-would like you that had beach chairs maybe alittle shade any suggestions?? Then come back to the ship change, have lunch, rest alittle, and then go and explore st. thomas some shopping and a beach, im leaning towards sapphire but may be coki?? And can someone explain what is the underwater trail in trunk bay? ive never snorkeled before alitttle scaried to try(and i cant swim very well at all :p ). Thanks

The underwater trail is just markers that you follow. If you have never snorkeled, there are very large fish and i mean 6 ft long out around the backside of the rock, it also gets choppy on that backside so if you can't swim well, than don't even try to head for the back side. they will not hurt you, i have snorkeled with them swimming all around me.

If you want something a little more mellow and less crowed, i would go to Cinnamon bay, it's just as nice as trunk.

If you want to have time on both islands, i would say leave St. John by about noon, that will give you about 3 hours at the beach before heading back to the ship and then another 3 hours to explore St thomas before doing some shopping.

One good thing about swimming in St John and St Thomas is that it's almost impossible to sink due to the water being so salty. I'm not much of a swimmer myself, we spent 10 days on St Thomas and St John this past summer and I never wore a vest once and we would spend an hour or more at a time snorkeling, I was thrilled!! I could never do this at home so even if you can't swim very well you should have no problem (if you're uneasy I'm assuming you can rent vests at Trunk and Cinnamon but I'm not certain about that).

With 12 hours in port you shouldn't have any problems seeing both islands, St John is beautiful and I highly recommend going there.

Archived