flat fishing in eastern caribbean

bobbycruiser

hello all, im new to this board but im really loving the activity on here. with that said....

i am cruising on the crown princess on may 12th to the eastern caribbean (bermuda, grand turk, san juan, and st. thomas) and im going with my gf and another couple. the other guy i am going with wants to do some 'flat fishing' at one of the ports. (whatever that is, lol) would anyone know what port this would be possible in and any other possible info?

one other question is, "will i have to tender in at any of these ports?"

I believe by flat fishing, you are referring to fishing the flats (shallows) as they would do for bonefish off of southern Florida.

I'm not an expert on the subject, but having been to the ports-of-call you mention, they would seem to be more conducive to deep sea fishing rather than fishing the flats, which they may not have an over abundance of.

Either way, have fun.........

Flats fishing is very possible with light tackle in many areas of the Caribbean (tarpon, bone, snook,etc) The best ports to do this would probably be Key West, Cayman, Belize. I'm sure you can hire a guide in Grand Turk or any other place you visit. I'm seen inlets, rivers, and marshy areas in many of the ports of the Caribbean.

Archived