FREE Cruise - which would you pick?

ali6879

My company awarded me with a 3 day cruise for two. Originally it was supposed to be to Baja, but I am thinking that I would like to upgrade it to a 5 day cruise for our honeymoon this summer out of the Caribbean. We have to pay the difference in price which is minimal.

The two I am looking at are the Inspiration and the Imagination. We've been on one cruise before, the Celebration, and loved it, so the type of ship is an upgrade from what we've been on.

Which would you pick and why?

My company awarded me with a 3 day cruise for two. Originally it was supposed to be to Baja, but I am thinking that I would like to upgrade it to a 5 day cruise for our honeymoon this summer out of the Caribbean. We have to pay the difference in price which is minimal.

The two I am looking at are the Inspiration and the Imagination. We've been on one cruise before, the Celebration, and loved it, so the type of ship is an upgrade from what we've been on.

Which would you pick and why?

That's good to go cruising "free".

I would choose to pay a little extra for a 5 day on the Inspiration. Out of all the cruises I've been on Cozumel is my favorite place to return again. I love snorkeling there and even more in Grand Cayman with the stingrays. This cruise is similar to our first cruise together for our honeymoon but ours was 7 day. If I could pay extra for a 7 day I would do that.

Cassandra

Don't know how to edit the original post - We will be doing a family cruise as well this summer as a 7 day. This is just a quick getaway for the 2 of us, which we don't get that often. I agree, 3 days is too short so we are definitely doing a 5 day. Just trying to decide which of the two options to go with. :D

Don't know how to edit the original post - We will be doing a family cruise as well this summer as a 7 day. This is just a quick getaway for the 2 of us, which we don't get that often. I agree, 3 days is too short so we are definitely doing a 5 day. Just trying to decide which of the two options to go with. :D

I understand now why your choosing a 5 day. As I suggested before if you love to snorkel and enjoy beaches go to Grand Cayman or you may just want to say you've been to Jamacia(Ocho Rios). They are both great! Just check out the price differences or is one having specials for past guest. You may have to prove you are a past guest if the cruise on the Carnivale is not in your history. I had to prove our cruise on Carnivale in 1987. We are going on a 7 day family cruise this summer too, might be on the same ship:rolleyes: .

I would upgrade to 5, though I loved the Imagination, Cozumel is fantastic place, and for a honeymoon, it would give you more time to enjoy your romantic get away! :)

Nice of your business to offer, have a great time and congrats on your marriage!

Which cruise brings the bigger smile to your face?? Which one "fits" you more?? Which one makes your happier?? What ever you answer... that's where you should go! I suspect that deep down, you already know the answer, so just go ahead and book it! Have fun and don't worry about what the rest of us think you should do! :D

I've only been on 2 cruises, the two you are looking at :)

Keep in mind I am a beachy/water person.

I would choose the Inspiration over the Imagination. They are identical boats but Cozumel is so much better than Jamaica. From what I understood the good beaches are over an hour away from Ocho Rios. We were stuck with little rocky beach areas with port water that was dirty. We were also harrased all day long..not my idea of a vacation.

In Cozumel the water was clean and beautiful. There are several beach clubs along the coast that offer chairs, restrooms, drinks & food. It was great!

Plus where do you live? Are you going to drive? Which port is futher away?

Archived