Dress at dinner?

jhall131

What is the dress at dinner? My husband does not like to dress formal at all. Also it looks like that men must wear pants each evening to the dining room. He is more layed back.

At the risk of sounding rude, Duhhh

Of course there are windjammer cruises to consider --- very informal

I wont be a smartelec in my response. Dress slacks are fine, ties are requested on formal nights but I have sailed on Costa 2 times in the past year and saw many men who did not wear ties on formal nights. Dress slacks and a nice shirt, ope collar will work. Most men will however wear ties, and many do dress up formally. I take a shirt and tie myself, but no jacket.

What is the dress at dinner? My husband does not like to dress formal at all. Also it looks like that men must wear pants each evening to the dining room. He is more layed back.

you can go and eat in buffet,same food .this way you dont have to dress up for dinner,but for my point of view it the best part of cruising.Other choice you can go on NCL:eek: they dont have formal nights,andyou can go even in sweem suite to dinning room((((

At the risk of sounding rude, Duhhh

Of course there are windjammer cruises to consider --- very informal

Xa! each cruise has this one guy,who is dancing in bars in shorts,when everyone else in tax and long dresses))))

We were on the Costa Fortuna for 12 days last March . Our luggage was lost for 9 of 12 days (thanks to Lufthansa) I wore jeans (no choice) every night for 9 days. The Matre D' gave me some long nasty looks untill I told him off then, no problem. Costa is VERY European. 80% of the passengers on my trip were Italian. Then tended to dress for dinner. We buddied up with some other Americans whose luggage was lost too and had a blast. I do NOT think the buffet food compared to the dining room. The buffet food was mediocre at best. I've done a dozen river cruises and the food was MUCH better on much smaller ships. I've only done one other ocean cruis (Carvinal) and thge food there was better. Buffet food was OK at best main dining room was was very good.

Archived