Booking group airline tickets?

travel_mom_1

Have you ever booked group airline tickets? I am putting together a group cruise for friends and family. I have the cruise part taken care of, but now we need airline tickets. We will all be travelling from the same airport on the same day.

Have you ever booked group airline tickets? What are the benefits? Who did you do this through? Did you have a positive experience? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Stephanie

I've booked groups with Midwest a few times. The only benefit was not having to pay in full at the time of purchase and some air miles. We had to put down a $50 deposit per ticket and the rest was due about a month before the flight. If you have a really large group I think you get some free seats, but I'm not sure how large a group that would have to be.

I booked 14 tickets on AirTran as a group. The best part is they will seat your group all together. The price was competitive (considering it was Thanksgiving week) and my experience with the person on the phone was very positive. She answered all questions I had and was the contact person if I had anything I needed answered. We did not have to confirm our flights and our seats were guaranteed. I would do it again.

We have a group of 22 booked right now with AA and the airfare was basically the best rate available at the time of getting the contract signed. Once contract was signed I had 7 days to give $40 pp deposit that was not applied to fare but would be rebated after air travel was complete. The positive was that all could call and reserve and pay for their own fare up to 30 days prior to travel. There were no other perks like free seats.

Archived