***LIVE*** FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS with Arlene & Tony

arlenemilt

I don't know that they aren't leaving permanently. It's not just the Caribbean Princess, there are no Princess ships scheduled to sail out of Fort Lauderdale after April 2008. This sounds like something bigger than just a summer change. That's why I asked the question.

Hi Stacey,

That is correct, but it is only for the Summer, the Winter schedule isn't out yet.;) Ft Laud is Princess's Home, Practically, they will Never leave there in the Winter! :D (IMHO) My Best! Bill(MTA):(

Hi ,

We are also on board and enjoying the cruise. This is my first time on a ship of this size and I don't think it's my favorite. Probably because it's chilly outside and everyone is staying inside, it seems very crowded in all the public spaces to me.

There are all kinds of activities though and yesterday I honestly don't know where the day went. The food has been good, not great, IMHO. The service has so far been very good. The tour we took to the Estancia La Rabida in Montevideo was wonderful. For anyone going there I would highly recommend it.

So far the biggest negative I have seen is the boarding. As everyone else has said it was utter and complete chaos. I don't think I would ever schedule a cruise boarding in Buenos Aires again unless it was unavoidable.

Looking forward to Stanley tomorrow but I suspect it will be chaotic there too with 2 ships in at the same time.

Ann

PS It sure is Quiet here, where are All the Stars?:confused: :eek:

(Thank you Ann, for your comments!:)

Hi Bill, It looks like Tony did his bit in the internet cafe and has gone to enjoy his cruise. Good for him. Arlene said she might be back later in the afternoon. Hopefully!

Ann aka sunviking, thanks for enjoying in. Those of us at home are just waiting to hear live reports of the Golden. We appreciate any updates the busy cruisers have time to post.

Mary

Hello Lynda...no word as of yet but my guess would be a minimum of 30 cruises or theerabouts and 300+ days.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Thanks, Tony. That would also (unfortunately) be my guess. It will be a while for me before I get to either 30/300. I'm hoping the # of cruises will be 25 or 26. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Bill aka easykruz, thank you for joining in on the Live. It'll be great to hear about the cruise from another person on board. Now we can enjoy your cruise from 3 views!:D

Mary

Thank you Mary, rough or calm seas, I still love cruising.

Today the wind is from the Northwest so the ship is not moving (rock and rolling) as much even though we have white caps. It's a beautiful day, the Sun is out (we don't have to worry if "the sun will come out tommorrow" i.e. Annie).:)

Wild Bill rides the waves again;)

Hey Bill,

Thanks for your good report , I wish we were back on the Golden again ourselves. Some of us have to work you know, it is Tax Season. You're an accountant also, Most CPA's can't take Vacations during TS My Best to you & I'll answer that eMail right now! BTW I was off the Boards for over two months. Just started posting again a few days ago.

Keep the Reports coming! Bill(MTA)

Bill,

Have you ever heard of retirement?:eek: Even accountants are allowed to retire, I did.:cool: :)

Dollar Bill

Milt's malaise (more than that actually) is due to italian ham (like carpaccio, only different) and probably pizza. He still hasn't eaten much but does feel better this afternoon.

Went to trivia; lost. Patters same as usual. Weather has cleared, but very windy.

Arlene

Arlene,

That's exactly why Vicky nor I ate the Italiano Ham, but to each their own. Of course if I knew it was going to make Milt sick I would have told him not to eat it.

Mr. Bill:(

I have been looking at the Navy's Meteorology and Oceanography site to see what kind of Wave activity you might have going around the Horn. When is it that you are actually going to go around the Horn? There is some significant activity coming up in the next few days. Forewarned is forearmed.

It will be a while before Wally and I hit the magic number for Super Duper Elite, no matter where it's set. I'm sure it will be in the 3 hundreds and I'm still in the high 1 hundreds. Although, if we cruise as much as some of our friends we should be there in no time:) .

Tony. . . any idea why Princess will not be sailing out of Fort Lauderdale after April 2008?

Could you tell me what the weather will be like when we are at Punta Arenas (today is Sunday a sea day, tommorrow Monday in Port Stanley, Tuesday sailing around Cape Horn, Wednesday in Use-why-uh, Thursday in Punta Arenas)? The reason it is so important to me is, we are supposed to fly to Antarctica and land if the weather is good.:confused: So if there is any way you can let me know I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Bill :)

Tony, Arlene, Bill,

It's awful quiet from you three on a Sea day, it's 8:30 PM there now.

We are all waiting for the Show to begin, this is Our Weekend & you are at Sea for 2 days.

How much Trivia, wine tasting, & reading & office, can you do?

(I know it is Formal nite, but that doesn't take up the whole day)

Are you guys having Satellite problems?

Bill(MTA)

Bill,

I'm not sure where everyone else was. But I know Arlene left after dinner to check on Milt. I have not met internet Tony yet. But anyways Vicky and I went to see Mauricio and since there are a number of Brazilians on board he played a little Samba music and Vicky and I danced the night away right into bed. The Samba music and the Brazilian people are fantastico! They know how to dance and have a great time.:D

Can't wait till tonight,

Wild Bill

P.S. Who said that accountants are too stiff and can't have fun?

wow, i've been away from c.c. for a little while. thought i'd look in today and what a wonderful surprise. not only tony but arlene/milt and "jot world" as well. guess c.c. will once again become my favorite site. really did miss traveling vicariously with tony. was looking forward to antarctica live from and then that didn't happen so was more than a little disappointed. so all, what did you like particularly about b.a. and then montevedeo? was it a zoo with the bush thing going on and could you tell how the people were receptive to his visit?

looking forwardward to all of your postings. have a really wonderful cruise. clare

Clare,

The Bush thing as you call it was uneventful because he arrived after our visit to Montevideo. No demonstrations seen, no bad traffic, only signs stating 'Fuera Bush' (I think I spelled it correctly) which I was told meant Go Home Bush. Everyone I talked to had a great time in Montevideo. It is a very clean city.

Bill (easykruz not Jotworld, he's at home):eek:

That was exactly the condition on the previous Golden Princess cruise out of B.A. that we were on. BTW: I heard that the penguins that we saw on our Golden Princess cruise have nearly all left now since the Argentine/Chile summer is now over and the kids have gone back to school. BTW: Daytime Saving Time starts in the morning.

WOkie,

Thanks for all the information you supplied us with before our trip, it was very helpful in knowing what to expect.

easykruz Bill:)

Princess out of NYC would mean no flights (thumbs up)!! I would like that.

Thank you all for answering my question regarding doing muster twice for a B2B...now I'll know for when I do one...on the same ship....

Another question...technical stop....is that the same sort of stop as when the ships stop in Ensenada, Mexico for an hour on their way back to San Diego from Hawaii?

Thanks again.

Enjoy formal night....was there lobster on the menu?

Joyce :D

Joyce,

When a cruise starts and finishes in a U.S. port city, it has to visit at least one foreign port. In this case if your talking about the round trip out of L.A. to Hawaii with a visit for one hour to Ensenada, they only use it for a refueling stop and will not let anyone off the ship. At least that was the way it was when we went to Hawaii round trip out of L.A.

easykruz,

Bill:)

Well folks, the lights just went out in the internet cafe, but to my surprise the computers are still running. I think someone just turned the light switch off to get rid of the line of people wanting to get on the internet. I will hang in here to give you updates.:eek:

easykruz,

Bill:)

I just found out that I missed my Microsoft Movie Maker class at 3 PM. Well since no one is on line I guess I am going to leave for now, enjoy all the notes.:eek:

Easykruz,

Bill

P.S. I wonder if they will charge me for the missed class? Stay tuned for the next episode of Bill meets the Pursers office.:eek:

I finally got around to reading this "live from" thread and in addition to Arlene and Tony, a few more of you are adding your own comments.

I saw a mention of Donna Brown (Hawaii) a few pages back. Seems like her first private tour went well and everyone enjoyed it. I know she had a huge lot of research and planning for the several she will be doing on all her B2B sectors and hope they all go as well as that one.

First of you CCers to spot Donna anywhere onboard, would you PLEASE tell her that Edinburgher (now following this thread) sends her a HUGE "HI"

Thanks.

TONY. I think you were on our RC for Regal P. last March (Valparaiso to Ft L) but had to cancel long before travel dates. Sorry you missed it, it was excellent, but pleased for you that you could go this year instead.

I finally got around to reading this "live from" thread and in addition to Arlene and Tony, a few more of you are adding your own comments.

I saw a mention of Donna Brown (Hawaii) a few pages back. Seems like her first private tour went well and everyone enjoyed it. I know she had a huge lot of research and planning for the several she will be doing on all her B2B sectors and hope they all go as well as that one.

First of you CCers to spot Donna anywhere onboard, would you PLEASE tell her that Edinburgher (now following this thread) sends her a HUGE "HI"

Thanks.

Edinburgher,

Vicky and I will be having dinner with Dennis and her tonight. I will pass on the info.

Easykruz,

Bill

Could you tell me what the weather will be like when we are at Punta Arenas (today is Sunday a sea day, tommorrow Monday in Port Stanley, Tuesday sailing around Cape Horn, Wednesday in Use-why-uh, Thursday in Punta Arenas)? The reason it is so important to me is, we are supposed to fly to Antarctica and land if the weather is good.:confused: So if there is any way you can let me know I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Bill :)

Bill, good luck on your Antarctica adventure. I was on the flight a few weeks back that had to return to Punta Arenas two hours after departure. If you get there, take LOTS of photos for me! (Hope those snow pants work for you!)

Stacey I cannot imagine Princess giving up on FLL completely...just inconceivable IMHO.

Tony

I agree, but I've been reading on the main Princess board that they have been canceling the cruises out of FLL that have been booked after April 2008. At least they are notifying people in plenty of time. Mary pointed out that several ships are ending in FLL at the end of their Transatlantic sailings in the fall, so it may just be for the summer. I guess time will tell.

Thanks Easycruz

Has Denis brought his kilt outfit with him? He wears it on formals.

Before saying HI to them, ask DONNA "by the way, what is the best way to store/hang a kilt":D

We discussed this by email and she just MIGHT guess immediately that I made contact on this thread.:)

Hi Stacey,

That is correct, but it is only for the Summer, the Winter schedule isn't out yet.;) Ft Laud is Princess's Home, Practically, they will Never leave there in the Winter! :D (IMHO) My Best! Bill(MTA):(

Thanks Bill and thanks for responding in such a gentlemanly manner. You are a class act.

Bill, good luck on your Antarctica adventure. I was on the flight a few weeks back that had to return to Punta Arenas two hours after departure. If you get there, take LOTS of photos for me! (Hope those snow pants work for you!)

First we have to have good weather, second then we can board the plane, third then we can land and get off the plane, then and only then should I worry about my jeans.:eek:

I was wondering a about a few things that happened on your trip. First, were you charged for the tour and if so how much, if I may ask. Second they are charging us a cancellation fee of $200 even if we don't get on the bus (trip cancellation fee) is this something new because I did not read it on the Princess web site about this tour.

My problem with the jeans is not the cold, it is if they become wet. By the way we purchased a pair of warm, waterproof ski pants before we left Sacramento for Vicky (She will be well taken care of). If we land, Vicky and I will both take pictures (she takes photographs and I take movies).

I heard the cruise before you didn't even get off the ground. Maybe, third times the charm, I hope.

Easykruz,

Bill:rolleyes:

I just found out that I missed my Microsoft Movie Maker class at 3 PM. Well since no one is on line I guess I am going to leave for now, enjoy all the notes.:eek:

Easykruz,

Bill

P.S. I wonder if they will charge me for the missed class? Stay tuned for the next episode of Bill meets the Pursers office.:eek:

I met the teacher and she said no charge and told me if I wanted to I could make up the class during the next cruise as we are sailing all the way to San Jose (sung to do you know the way to San Jose), I mean San Francisco and you can wear flowers in your hair if you want.

Billy the Kid:D

Archived