Access questions on Mariner

gchyde

We were on the Mariner last December and there was a man who had the largest power wheelchair I have ever seen. He was all over the ship with it and seemed to have no problems whatsoever on the ship.

That being said I also met a gentleman in a wheelchair who wanted to get off the ship at ports and there was no way for him to do so on a number of the ports. I was really pretty shocked and saddened that Regent did not have this situation worked out. It was really upsetting when I twice saw him at the reception desk asking for help to get off the ship. Seemed they couldn't help him off for the ports that had a tender and once even for a port that had no tender.

So, I would call the cruiseline and get them to guarantee that you will be able to get off the ship if that is what you want to do.

Once on the ship it is not a problem.

Hope this helps.

We had three people with "scooters" on board the Mainer 01/09/07.

They were everywhere.

I can see where it could be a serious problem at ports. Even where they dock you have to go down narrow stairs.

Archived