Bringing things out to port with you

mlpreston

While in Cozumel my family and I hoped to visit Ciudad de Angeles the local orphanage on the island. We wanted to bring with us clothing, toys and hygiene products for the children but were wondering if/what we will be expected to pay in customs fees in Cozumel to bring these items on the island with us.

Any assistance is appreciated.

I would suggest you check with the cruiseline you are sailing. They should be familiar with customs laws in Cozumel and also be able to guide you on what, if any, documentation you will need to take items on shore.

DH & I have transported donated items several times to an orphange on Roatan, Honduras. For Roatan's customs we must have a list of items we are donating. We take that list to the purser's office on board while we are sailing and the purser takes care of the customs work for us.

Can't say the same procedure would apply to Cozumel.

Dianne

We took several boxes (50 paperback size in each box) of Spanish Bibles ashore in Calica last year. No one stopped us and it didn't occur to us to ask about customs. We gave them to the Hekab Be Biblioteca in Akumal.

This year we just took a donation for the Chrysalis Group ashore in Cozumel last Saturday. Since we were past their office hours Eduardo at Playa Uvas delivered it to their office for us on Monday.

I'm interested in your visit to Ciudad de Angeles, as I plan to visit them when I return to Cozumel in June. Please post your experience for us!

Archived