What is a hump cabin & why is it better?

Which have the larger balconies?...the hump cabins or the aft cabins?

My aft cabins have had much deeper cabins but my hump was much longer. Of course the cabins on the aft were JS and the hump was a GS. Both were great and each had their strong points. I would take either one again.

I'll reply to my own thread...lol...Actually, I was able to change my cabin to 9584-D1. Hope I did the right thing !!!

Your first choice of 9092 has a much larger balcony and is beside the elevator area (no noise 'cause wall is double insulated). The centre hump cabin u switched to - 9584 - has a much smaller balcony (although a bit larger than the usual 41 sq ft in the D1, E1, E2 & 3 OV categories) but is a bit further from the elevator. Check out: http://www.cruiseshipdeckplans.com for a clear view of both cabins..

Hope this helps.

Hello from another Jersey girl. I called RCI the other day because the cabin # on my luggage tags is also wrong. She told me to simply use a Sharpie to change it because "only PEOPLE read the tags". She said many people change their cabins after the docs are mailed out and it's not a big deal.

Have fun on your cruise -- we sail the same day, but on Explorer.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore! I called RCI about getting new luggage tags over the weekend and they said I could get them at the Pier. I cannot write over the ones I have because we upgraded and it's a different deck. Thanks for the advice! Take Care, Anne

We are leaving on the Explorer on April 29, and this will be our first hump cabin..looking forward to it.

We have stayed in the inside cabins, promenade cabins, and other balcony cabins too but, this will be our first hump cabin..

Hubby enjoys the balcony..so I think he should like this one too.

Sheila

I've seen a lot of posts talking about hump cabins. What ones are these and why would I want to stay in one?

We already have room 6278 on the AOS booked, but might we want to change to a hump room if available?

Thanks.

We booked the hump JS 9318 on Voyager of the Seas last year. It was by far the best room ever. Our balcony was a bit larger than most and we could see the entire ship. All of our friends came to our room to enjoy the views.

we were about 5 or 6 rooms back from the hump. when i looked out of our balcony one morning there was a couple standing against the glass on there hump cabin (Naked) We were a little higher. We could see the guys willey and everything. no hump for us!!! haha

Your first choice of 9092 has a much larger balcony and is beside the elevator area (no noise 'cause wall is double insulated). The centre hump cabin u switched to - 9584 - has a much smaller balcony (although a bit larger than the usual 41 sq ft in the D1, E1, E2 & 3 OV categories) but is a bit further from the elevator. Check out: http://www.cruiseshipdeckplans.com for a clear view of both cabins..

Hope this helps.

The website is http://www.CruiseDeckplans.com - Was in too much of a hurry - sorry!

Despite my poor attempt at humour (see last post!), I too am interested to learn about our JS on this year's cruise on Navigator. We are in 9314, which from the Deck Plan, looks to be a "Centre Hump". Can we expect a longer/deeper/wider balcony?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Alan

Hi,

Just returned on Navigator in JS 9318 and I loved having a bigger staterroom. The balcony was definitely larger than a regular one.

Now the people in the room beside us (could be yours) had a room that was a little bit bigger than ours..and I believe the balcony may have been..but if it was..it wasn't by alot.

Loved the hump btw...and will definitely do it again and again and again.....

Hi,

Just returned on Navigator in JS 9318 and I loved having a bigger staterroom. The balcony was definitely larger than a regular one.

Now the people in the room beside us (could be yours) had a room that was a little bit bigger than ours..and I believe the balcony may have been..but if it was..it wasn't by alot.

Loved the hump btw...and will definitely do it again and again and again.....

Many thanks, Sunyg. We've mostly had JS before , but this will be our first one on the hump. I'll post a full review on return.

Alan

we were about 5 or 6 rooms back from the hump. when i looked out of our balcony one morning there was a couple standing against the glass on there hump cabin (Naked) We were a little higher. We could see the guys willey and everything. no hump for us!!! haha
It's all your fault, I laughed so much at this post yesterday. Jokes on me I woke up dreaming about this naked couple on their balcony, sure don't want to analyze that,LOL.

Just booked hump cabin #8594 on the Jewel for the July 2008 Russia and Scandinavia cruise. Anyone been in that cabin? Looks like it is center hump.

Balcony is approx 45 sq ft (its slightly larger than regular E2s at 41 sq ft). Cabin is 179 sq ft & the location - starboard center hump - deck 8 sandwiched between D1s above and E3s below....is great!!

Try http://www.cruisedeckplans.com - Royal Caribbean - Jewel & Deck 8..

Hope this helps.

Deck 10 AOS Has Royal Suites, Grand Suites, Owners Suites, and Jr. suites.....Sorry no D1. The Jr. Suites are 1612, 1312, 1624, 1628, 1328. Hope this answers your question.....

Thank you - will wait to see what the price is like between a D1 and JS.:rolleyes:

We have booked hump cabin 9576 on Jewel of the Seas for March 22, 2008. Does anyone have any info or pictures of that cabin/balcony. It is our first cruise; DH and I are very excited; a year seems so long to wait. Will the excitement last until then?

Archived