For you MIRACLE lovers....

Indiana Cobalt

which itinerary do you recommend,

1) Colon Panama, Costa Rica, Belize

or

2) St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten

I really want to try the Miracle and am wondering which itinerary might be more interesting. I am primarily looking at it from a "beautiful Caribbean Beach" point of view.

Thanks.

I'd pick number two. I don't really think you're going to get that feel that you want if you go with the other itinerary. I actually sailed the Miracle when it went to Belize,Costa Maya, Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Good Luck! There are also boards that feature each of these ports of call if you want to do more research on each one.

We did the Panama Canal, Costa Rica and Belize on the CCL Legend 6 weeks ago. It was an amazing experience. We didn't go for the beach, as we decided that being our 1st cruise, and our first winter vacation not totally focused on a beach location, we would do something totally different. We loved the ferry through the Panama Canal, the historical recount was interesting and country side was breathe taking....although the bus ride, the abject poverty and the piles of garbage along the road way really sucked big time. We did the bus, boat and train in Costa Rica, again another beautiful country, but the poverty was absolutely heart wrenching. And in Belize we did the very short city tour as I was long toured out and then I chose to stay and shop at the port, while hubby went on board back to sit out in the sun. Belize was the only country where you could visually define the classes....we know it as the other side of the tracks, when actually it was the other side of the bridge!

Reason for choosing...besides my childhood dream to cruise through the Canal, was that we figured that if we didn't enjoy cruising...at least we had visited 3 places that we would never take land trips to....but that wasn't the case...for our 2nd cruise next January, we have chosen the CCL Miracle Southern Caribbean....St Maarten, St Kitts and St Lucia. I don't regret doing Central America 1st....I just depends on what type of vacation you are looking for.

Archived