New England on the Dawn???

Tahoestarr

I know the '08 schedule isn't out yet, but I'm kind of assuming that it will be pretty close to the '07 itenerery. Has anyone every taken this trip, any input? I'm trying to decide on a New England/Canada trip, and NCL seems to have the nicest itenerery of all the cruise lines. I was concerened about post I've read about the Dawn, and the unruly Kids on board, not that I mind kids, have them myself, but like nice manners and responsible parents! I'm thinking in the Fall, there shouldn't be that many Children. We've sailed on the Star, and really enjoyed her...layout...freestyle...etc. How about the weather? I hear it's hurricane season up there. Oh, so many things to think about. Would love to hear from others who have taken this trip....

Thanks

PS...when do the fall 08 schedules come out?

I know the '08 schedule isn't out yet, but I'm kind of assuming that it will be pretty close to the '07 itenerery. Has anyone every taken this trip, any input? I'm trying to decide on a New England/Canada trip, and NCL seems to have the nicest itenerery of all the cruise lines. I was concerened about post I've read about the Dawn, and the unruly Kids on board, not that I mind kids, have them myself, but like nice manners and responsible parents! I'm thinking in the Fall, there shouldn't be that many Children. We've sailed on the Star, and really enjoyed her...layout...freestyle...etc. How about the weather? I hear it's hurricane season up there. Oh, so many things to think about. Would love to hear from others who have taken this trip....

Thanks

As it stands right now the Dawn will not be in NYC in the Summer/Fall of 08. She is moving to Miami for the wnter 07/08. No plans annouced yet for the Dawn after the winter in Miami. You may still be in luck

Last fall they did 7 day cruises, this fall NCL is doing 9 day cruises, looks like an even better itinerary.

I did the 7 day on NCL and loved it, a round trip from New York. We had good luck with the weather, but I read some other cruises had problems and had to skip Martha's Vinyard. I love MV and the cliffwalk at newport, halifax, bar harbor...

I hope they keep doing these on some ship or other, I think it's a really nice cruise.

They only run a couple months a year.

This year they are doing 10 and 11 day cruises....I was loving the 10 day itinerery. No MV...lots of other fun places :)

We also chose the 10 day cruise because of the itinerery. Not many cruises go to Quebec City and return to the same port. We are really looking forward to Bar Harbor, Quebec City, Corner Brook and Sydney. Never been to any of them. It seems that NCL always does great itinereries right before the ship stops sailing from that port. Two years ago we went on a 10 day Alaska cruise on the Dream. It went to Whittier and back from Seattle... GREAT Cruise!!!!! Next year, she was back in Europe. Now the Dawn is doing a 10 and 11 day to NE/Canada and next year she will not be in NY (So it seems).. WHY???????

Dawn seems to be having a hard time getting anywhere lately, would assume they will dry dock pretty soon to fix engine problems they have been having.

Getting most places even if she is wounded. Don't expect a dry dock soon. That takes months to plan. When at 100% one of the fastest ships. Wounded still faster then most. My intinerary was changed but not bad from NYC - San Juan, Antigua, Barbados, Dominica, St Thomas , Tortola. A far cry from not getting anywhere:rolleyes:

Some changes with speed reduced to 22 knots but still beats flying the first 1000 miles.

I know the '08 schedule isn't out yet, but I'm kind of assuming that it will be pretty close to the '07 itenerery. Has anyone every taken this trip, any input? I'm trying to decide on a New England/Canada trip, and NCL seems to have the nicest itenerery of all the cruise lines.

We sailed the Jewel, Canada/NE, September '05. 11 days. Great weather (one day of heavy rain). Unseasonably warm weather in Canada. (HOT)

We did hear the cruise before ours had alot of rain. No kid problem.

Sailed the Dawn, Canada/NE, September '06, 7 days. A few different ports than '05. Great weather (1/2 day of rain). No kid problem.

Dawn has a nice itinerary for Canada/NE this coming fall. Another itinerary with a few different ports.

Good Luck with your decision:)

Thanks for the input....we are definately looking at fall of 08....so it looks the the Gem will be taking that Itenerary? How do you check that out? We hope that itenerary doesn't change too much...it's a great one! Love the round trip that hits Quebec City...Corner Brook...ect. Also, now that I've been on an 11 night cruise...it's hard to go back to a 7 day...LOL

Dawn seems to be having a hard time getting anywhere lately, would assume they will dry dock pretty soon to fix engine problems they have been having.

talked to NCL saturday(03-10) morning and was told engine repairs will be made and completed in next 2-3 sailings and will not be any dry dock thru summer months.the conversation made me feel extremely comfortable about not cancelling my upcoming cruise.

Thanks

Don't worry about the kids on the cruise. We took the cruise last September and the average age of the passengers was 61.5. There were maybe 30 kids on board.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Well....called NCL today (lost my latitutes card), I asked if the the 2008 fall iteneraries were out, which I knew they weren't, but I wanted to find out if they would continued the same 10, 11, and 12 day New England round trip from New York. The gentleman on the phone assured me that they would be offering these trips, but it would be on the Gem...which I'm very excited about!

He said the good old Dawn would be heading south, which I think you all knew. Thanks Shoreguy, you've always been very helpful!

We were also on the Dawn Canada/NE September 06 and had a fabulous time. Weather was great - not too hot, not too cold. Mostly an older crowd with few children. tr3907 - Bar Harbor was my favorite port.

Sailing from Miami on the Pearl in 11 days. Looking forward to experiencing this new ship - the Dawn is going to be a tough act to follow. Rather be on the Dawn going backwards than sailing my desk in the office:D

Usually NCL's next summers and year's itineraries are posted in late April to early June, not all necessarily at the same time. NCL usually prints and distribute their next year's broucheres during July. The itinearies in the brouchere goes from January to the next April. All of the cruise lines broucheres do the same. The summer season is the most profitable, and the cruise lines hold their cards to their chests. Several ships do repostiioning cruises to their summer homeports and again when they repostion back to the Caribbean during the fall/winter/spring seasons.

Archived