What is the best(least crowded) time to board the Carnival Destiny in San Juan?

I'd rather be cruising

Does anybody know when is the least crowded time to board the Carnival Destiny in San Juan? Part of our group has VIP checkin and part doesn't. Carnival will not make in exception and allow the other 2 people to have VIP checkin. So I'm hoping to find out the best time so we can all check in together and not have to stand in line long. Thanks!

It's luck of the draw, but I'd say early (11am ish) or mid afternoon as the previous poster said (2-4pm). We had a huge security line to stand in at around 5:00pm coming back on board in time for dinner when we went.

We did the Destiny several years ago, after we had been on the island for a few days before sailing. We showed up at about 11:00 and almost walked directly on board.

We weren't supposed to go to our cabin, as they were still being cleaned, but we did, if only to find our way around. We met the room steward, who offered to hold our carryons until later.

We had lunch, then went ashore for a couple of hours. When we returned to the ship the lines were HUGE, but we had our id cards and were able to bypass the check-in lines.

There was a duty-free liquor store in the boarding area, between check-in and the ship. Security overlooked a bottle in each of our backpacks.

gary

Archived