bringing wine on board?

newlu

Hi,

I have only cruised Royal so far, and we can no longer bring wine or liquor on board, even when we buy in the ports, they take it and give back the last day of your cruise. Is it like this on Carnival also? Can we bring wine in the dinning room with a cork fee? Or no more... Thanks

newlu

Yes, you can bring wine onboard (they no longer say 1 bottle, but I would say a "reasonable" amount would be fine).. no liquor or beer, but wine and champagne yes. Yes, you can take it into the dining room... they may or may not charge you the corkage fee, it could go either way.

Also if you pick up booze at a port they may or may not stop you when you return to the boat.

They stopped us and asked us to bring it to another desk but the particular desk was so busy we just went up to our cabin...we didn't purshase it to drink on board but we didn't want the hassel of checking it in and getting it back either.

brought my own to the table last week, and also had a bottle of wine thru out the week..not even a whisper re:corkage...I did tip the hostess a Lincoln to have it chilled and at my chair that night..and a smikle goes a long way too. On Carnival

Archived