Jersey City Question

I know nothing about it's existance -- read about it on a board & can't even tell you which one. I guess it would be OK.

Bayonne is a big NO.

The AP is actually in Elizabeth & there are several hotels on Routes 1 & 9; there are other hotels near the Jersey Garden's Mall. All no-frills names you've heard of; clean, safe & reasonably prices ~ $69-$89.

What are you looking for in a hotel? Armed w/ that info others hear may be able to help. You may want to check out the pre & post cruise stay board too.

[quote name='firefighter75']Only if you want to take your life in your hands... Same with Newark. Stay at the airport.[/QUOTE]Don't listen to people like this. Jersey City is not that bad. I have lived there for over 7 years and I have had no problems whatsoever. There are new hotels (Hyatt, Doubletree, and Marroitt) in the Exchange Place area which has been extensively re-developed in recent years. It is a financial center with a lot of office buildings just blocks away from the Hudson River. There is also a mall in the area. Also easy access to transportation (PATH) which can get you into NYC. Lots of restaurants as well. The airport area is a dump with nothing around to do. Stay there if you don't want to leave the hotel. There aren't any hotels in Bayonne.

We're booked in the Jersey City Hyatt before and after our 8/8 sailing. It's a stunning hotel, with the best views of the NYC skyline you'll ever get -- just across the Hudson River. Check their website. Best of all, the PATH train takes you into the city in just 5 minutes, and the station is right next to the hotel. We're staying at the hotel for two days after the ship return and will spend most of that time in NYC.

DH and I reserved a room w/ a view of the City for $148/night. Kids are in an adjoining room for $88/night. I looked into booking a hotel in NYC and found nothing comparable in either quality or price.

We're getting there early enough on Friday to take our kids to the science museum in Jersey City near the hotel. It's right on the way to the Liberty Island ferry dock.

Hope this helps.

I would agree with NYIsles...
Don't stay near EWK,you'll be very depressed by the end..

Jersey City is right on the water, the newest hotel there is the Hyatt, with reasonable prices (for our area, anyway) and spectacular Statue of Liberty and NYC views. Ten minutes from EWK and ten minutes to pier!

Archived