tipping dealers

pudgy

For blackjack dealers, it's totally up to you. If you are winning, you can make a $1-2 tip occasionally - you can make it a bet as well (just outside of the circle) so that if you win, the dealer wins (and gets twice the tip).

It's certainly not required. A lot of people never do it. I only do it if I am winning overall.

Not sure about poker.

If I am doing well I am happy to tip the dealers. If I’m playing blackjack and it's a friendly dealer I will ask the dealer which they would prefer - me handing them the tip directly or gambling it with the chance to double. Most of the time they will chose to have me gamble it hoping to double. How well I'm doing determines how much I tip them - on blackjack a small winning streak for me at a $5 table is $5 for the dealer. If I get a blackjack and have some of the smaller chips I will kind of offer them up if I double down or split and win on both. It is a personal thing so to each his own. I do look at gambling on a ship the same way I look at it in Vegas or Connecticut.

Archived