DW wants to know how to dress

Orcrone

We're going to be cruising to the Caribbean in early November, well after Labor Day. Since the Caribbean is always summer weather it would be nice to wear summer colors, but she doesn't want to look out of season. Any suggestions?

In the Caribbean, almost anything goes. I wear lighter weight fabics and probably a bit more "splashy" colors - which are bright. Turquoise, aqua, magenta, fuschia, burnt sienna, orange, lemon - predominately silks - I like the silk wrap-around dresses, but also bring dressy slacks (palazzo/patio pants) for evenings. A nice pair of black slacks can be paired with most any kind of top on casual nights.

For formal - usually a simple black gown (lightweight fabric) or skirt with sleeveless, dressy, elegant tank top. I do not wear hose in the caribbean, opting for black strappy sandals - even a low heeled mule is nice. :)

Your DW will be fine - it can be warm and we'd rather dress with comfort in mind - but DH will still wear tux on formal nights...

PS - I don't wear white shoes either. If I need something neutral, I'd rather have bone or natural... just my preference.

Archived