Best Place To Rent a Jeep?

Meig

What company is the best to rent a jeep from? We're thinking of just touring on our own when we get to the island in June.

Thanks in advance.

We were there in 2004 and rented a 4x4 jeep from Economy car rental, email them at www.economyaruba.com. They picked us up at a short walk from the pier and took us to the rental place. We had the jeep for the day and took it back @ 5pm and they brought us back to the ship. We had a ball touring the island, going to the beach, back to the ship for (free) lunch and then back out tooling around till it was time to return the jeep. The pick up was free just bring the jeep back with a full tank. Don't quote me on this but thinking back I think the cost was about $45.00 for the day. There were two couples so about $22.50 per couple plus the gas. Not sure how long YOUR in port but if it's an early port of call day (like 8-5pm). Beware of getting back too late. When we were there we had until 1am. So had plenty of time ... Enjoy !!!!

Thank you. I actually rented a little 4x4 SUV thing from Hertz. We're going to be there in June and I wanted to be sure I had a/c :D We're in from 8am until 8:30 pm so I figure we'll have plenty of time to explore on our own.

we just got back from there. Rented from Royal. We had reserved a car with American Car Rental, but there was no one at the counter when we arrived. So Royal was in the booth next door. No problems with Royal, although the Jeeps are beat up a bit. But after you go off roading for a day, you'll know why! Make sure you see the Natural Pool

we just got back from there. Rented from Royal. We had reserved a car with American Car Rental, but there was no one at the counter when we arrived. So Royal was in the booth next door. No problems with Royal, although the Jeeps are beat up a bit. But after you go off roading for a day, you'll know why! Make sure you see the Natural Pool

davela,

Did your jeep have a/c? The one we have reserved isn't a typical "jeep" it's more a 4x4 SUV, not really built for major off-roading. It will handle some dirt roads better than a car, though.

davela,

Did your jeep have a/c? The one we have reserved isn't a typical "jeep" it's more a 4x4 SUV, not really built for major off-roading. It will handle some dirt roads better than a car, though.

The jeep did not have AC, but at least it had a soft top, so it was shady. If you are planning to visit the Natural Pool, take my advice and rent ONLY a Jeep. I don't think those other 4x4s could handle it. i took a look at those Teroes and said "no way". You need ground clearance

We had used Royal http://www.arubaroyal.com/our_fleet.htm a few times and were always very pleased. For convenience sake, because they were located at our hotel, we used Hertz in December and were extremely disappointed by the poor condition of the Terios we had rented.

Excellent to know, Lisa. I will look into Royal. davela, thanks. I'll check into the regular jeeps.

Archived