Owner's Suite vs. Courtyard Villa on Jewel?

Superduty

Can anyone do a comparison of the Owner's suite vs. the Courtyard Villa? I note the OS is larger by almost 200 sq ft. than the CV. But I also note the OS (4 of them) are on decks 9 and 10 vs. deck 14. Is deck 14 a better deck? The NCL site also states there is some private pool area for all of these rooms, BUT, it looks like the private area is on deck 14.

First time cruising, help me understand the differences. TIA :)

Yes, the private courtyard is on deck 14 where all the Courtyard Villas and the Garden Villas (and the Deluxe Owner's Suite on deck 15) are located. The AA Owner's Suites have access to the courtyard, which is a very nice enclosed area with small pool, hottub, lounging, and retractable roof (at least is was on PoH), plus a private sundeck up on deck 15 which can only be accessed through the courtyard. So, you would have to "pop up" to deck 14 from an AA, but the size may more than make up for that. (Plus, I think the AA's have liquor stocked as part of the perks. The only other suites that have that are the Deluxe Owner's Suite and the Garden Villas. It's not a perk for the Courtyard Villas.) I think the balconies for the AA's are pretty large. The ones for the Courtyard Villas are not as big, but they are nice.

beachchick

Just back from the Pearl and stayed in Deluxe Owners Suite(A2). We had access to the courtyard villa and private pool also. However, to be honest, it was not really that impressive. Was always very hot and humid in the area, also, very smokey. Fills up quickly if you get a couple of rooms hanging out there.

Would however recommend the A2 suites to anyone, these where perfect. The private balacony with hot tub, sitting and lounge chairs was great. Not sure of exact differents between AA and A2, but the owner suites seems to be to way to go.

You will have a front and side balcony with the AA. The front balcony is huge and the side balcony is nice when at sea. The AA's really are a long way from the private courtyard but they are much larger rooms with more perks. If you plan on entertaining in your cabin the AA is better as your guest can come right to your cabin. There is no A2 on the Jewel as that area is a seldom used lounge for suite passengers. We love the AA's and don't need the extra bedroom of the A3.

OS on the Jewel is wonderful.

I would choose OS over CV anytime. We did view the CV.

You can always go up to deck 14 though you, most likely, will not.

Good luck with your decision:)

You say I will likely not go up to deck 14...how come?

I am also unclear on a couple of things. MY understanding is that there are 4 OS on the Jewel. Two on 9 and and two on 10? Is this correct?

Deck 14 has CV and then garden villas (2). Then deck 15 has private sundeck and private deck for the GV? Is this all correct?

You say I will likely not go up to deck 14...how come?

I am also unclear on a couple of things. MY understanding is that there are 4 OS on the Jewel. Two on 9 and and two on 10? Is this correct?

Deck 14 has CV and then garden villas (2). Then deck 15 has private sundeck and private deck for the GV? Is this all correct?

You are correct.

I would choose deck 10 OS first choice...deck 9 second choice.

Both are lovely...deck 10 larger (inside).

Guess it depends on what time of year you are sailing and to what ports. And how much time you will spend on your balconies.

If you like luxury inside..deck 10 is lovely.

Deck 9 is also lovely...Just smaller inside.

A matter of preference.

But..your outside decks are the same.

Deck 14 has the GV and private pool/lounge area which you do not need if you are in an OS on 9 & 10. But..you will have access to them.

You may go to the main pool or the GV pool...your choice.

Just remember...OS is a "higher" category than the CV!

I, personally, would choose an OS over a CV any day...unless I would need an extra bedroom in the CV (OS is only for 2 passengers).

Hope I answered your questions.

Please post again if I did not:)

With kids, go with the CV. You can't book more than 2 people in an OS. The CV has a second bedroom where both kids will fit quite comfortably. The only difference, by the way, between the CV and an AB Penthouse is the access to the private Courtyard area. We stayed in an AB on the Dawn with our 2 kids and it was perfect. Going again in June!

Happy Sailing!! :D

Just back from the Pearl and stayed in Deluxe Owners Suite(A2). We had access to the courtyard villa and private pool also. However, to be honest, it was not really that impressive. Was always very hot and humid in the area, also, very smokey. Fills up quickly if you get a couple of rooms hanging out there.

Would however recommend the A2 suites to anyone, these where perfect. The private balacony with hot tub, sitting and lounge chairs was great. Not sure of exact differents between AA and A2, but the owner suites seems to be to way to go.

Bummer. The roof was retracted during all day, every day on PoH. It was only closed at night and one time when it rained. We must have been lucky in that there were no smokers (I didn't even know you could smoke in the courtyard) or ever have it terribly crowded.

beachchick

I have stayed in the A3 Courtyard Villa on the Jewel and have another booked for the Pearl next month. I loved the Courtyard area. I especially loved having a retractable roof over the area on a rainy sea day.

I have also stayed in an OS twice on the Star. I loved all living space and the great balconies in the OS. The bathroom was huge. What I didn't like was being so far forward. The balcony on the front of the ship was quite large and the view fantastic, but very windy while sailing. The suites on Deck 14 surrounding the courtyard are mid ship and I personally like that location better.

After being in both Suites...I really think I will never leave Deck 14! They have added on the Pearl seating arrangements and a Courtyard Butler, so Breakfast and Lunch catered from Cagney's are the best features, beside fragrant iced towels and Evian Spritz to cool you down on those hot sea days. The roof was open during the day and the misting ongoing in the courtyard to cool down the air. Sometimes it was crowded (by maybe a handful of people) I just wished the Courtyrad would be a NO kids zone, to have it quiet up there, because that is the reason you do want to be up there, secluded from the masses!

Deck 14/15 has the feel of a private Yacht with most fantastic service and food!

The AA's are to far away, and it is just too nice to step out in your bathrobe in the morning and enjoy!

Now, some of you have me wondering if the CV is a better place to be compared to the OS (Jewel)?

When you say the OS is too far from Deck 14, how far is it? I am guessing there is an elevator somewhere....midship? So you have to walk to midship then go to deck 14 :confused:

My husband and I were in the courtyard villa on the Jewel and absolutely loved the location, close to the pool and hot tub and the concierge lounge. If you are in the Owner's Suite, you can go to deck 14 but you have to use the midship elevators as they are the only ones that go to deck 14 and you have to insert your key card in order to press the 14th floor.

We were on the Owner's Suite on the Dawn and loved it but much too windy on sea days to use it. Being close to the lounge and pool area was great on the jewel. They always have oj and water as well as snacks at different times of the day. With the Owner's Suite, you get 3 bottle of liquor free as well as cans of soda free. You do not get this with the CV.

Hope this helps.

Archived