Supper club on the Glory

I was on the Glory last October for my first anniversary, or as my DH puts it, our first honeymoon (when actually it was the second!). We went to the Emerald room on our anniversary and personally I thought it was totally worth it. The service is impeccable, the atmosphere was terrific (although the only thing that would have made it better was if the "windows" were there to see out into the ocean at night).

Go for it! We plan on doing the supper club on the Legend in December.

Not formal but definitely want to "dress" for it. The atmosphere makes it worth it. I brought a little cocktail dress for it and my husband wore a jacket without a tie.

There were those in there not even dressed that much though. Go and enjoy it!

Hey Shannon..I was on Pride at 6/08/02 and so was Host Terry and his wife.....I absolutely loved the Pride Supper Club with the high atrium......I did not like the way the one on Glory looked with the low ceilings.....I think the atmosphere on Pride's was awesome.....and yes the supper clubs "require" jackets for men so that should tell you how nice it is.:D

The Emerald Room on the Glory was awesome... Well worth the extra $25 per person. I always leave stuffed and dreaming of returning. Some of the entrees are enough for 2 or 3 people. I highly suggest the Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes as a side dish. We always go on the second formal night and dress up like we were going to the formal dinner. If not formal, it should be dressy! The supper clubs are fancy places that you would easily pay $100+ per person on land!

BTW, I was on the Pride with Host Randy...He even has pictures to prove it! :)

We did it twice on our Glory Cruise last year and would do it again if I were on her again. The lobster bisque is the best I have ever had. I agree with the Yukon Mashed Potatoes. Also the sauteed mushrooms are delicious too.

I took my 3 teenage sons to the Emerald Room last month. We all loved it. I think they were a little surprised that I went with teenagers but there was no problem. We left them a really nice tip as the service was wonderful.

Stu.

The emerald room is a fantastic expereince, well worth the additional cost. Be prepared to eat alot however, they just keep bringing food out.

I was curious about one thing; I bought a nice $100 bottle of win to go with the meal and they added the 15% to that... maybe Im being cheap but, does anybody else find it rather ridiculous that the lady that brought the bottle over and opened it made $15.00 for doing so? I didnt ask for help in selection either; I paired it myself. I say that because comparing to the money the deck waiters make on the drinks is far less and even tho they sell more, I imagine at the end of the day it equals out and those guys have to run around in the sun. Is it a total no-no to adjust that 15%?

We were on the Glory in June and the supper club was excellent. We were treated like royalty and had to be rolled out because we were too stuffed to walk. I think the 15% on the wine is on any beverage ordered from the bar. I'm not sure where but I know I have read it in our documents we received with our tickets.

Linda

Archived