Charged for drinks not taken upon debarkation-Ecstasy

jennztx

Well now I know where our cabin steward went from the RCCL Mariner....We had this same problem in Sep 06.....

Did not receive a comment card at all in our room and the last morning found my weekly charges to include items apparently from the room, just like you. Yes, I went and waited in line and told the Purser. Since I had charged no drinks all week it was easy to see I wouldn't have used or charged those either and they removed the charges without any fuss.

We turned in the cabin steward's name as the likely suspect and the fact he didn't leave us a comment card at all. We did write our own letter and provide feedback both good and bad...

I never thought perhaps he and his buddies were filling the cards in themselves!! No wonder he got such a good recommendation from RCCL to move to Carnival!

Yes we had a similar problem on the Mariner of the Seas, but knew while we were on the ship (from the tv) so could have the purser easily take care of it. I don't know if the room steward was deliberately guilty here, as he hadn't emptied the in room fridge of their items (which I did request) and we had put some of our own in there, so could have been confusing I guess.

I checked early evening on the t.v. screen on last day and found a charge for wine tasting(about $12.00) that i didn't attend .

Does this mean that you can see your spending/keep track of your spending on your S+S card via the TV?????

Yes ,you can go to the channel for your acct. and put in your SS card number w/ the remote and check it as much as you like.That, and looking at the menus for the dining room was about the only thing we used the T.V. for.

We had a $25 charge added to our bill the third day from Camp Carnival. As we didn't have any children there it was easy to get it removed from our charges. I think a lot of the problem arises when the folio number is copied down incorrectly. A helpful bar tender thought he could remember my husband's folio number on his sail and sign card but got it wrong.

Archived