Recommendation wanted for Beach to visit

traymond

stopping at grand cayman on carnival and wanted to visit 7 mile beach for a few hours. questions are:

how far is the beach from where the cruise line docks? can we walk there or do we need to take taxi?

we would like chairs/umbrellas to enjoy the beach, is it better to book through the cruiseline $26 per person or can what hotels will rent chairs/umbrellas for the day?

thanks....

For $25 per person you can have access to the Hyatt's facilities for the day. That price includes a chair and towel. Water sports costs are additional. I've read several postings on this thread that people have had problems when they go to the Hyatt. With all that being said, when we stop at Grand Cayman next month we will go to the Hyatt for the day. The most important thing to remember is they only take CASH!! I called the Hyatt directly and got this info, I also called the Westin and Ritz but they do not allow day passes.

Hope this helps.

There is tons of info on this subject if you read through a little. I was at the Royal Palms last week and enjoyed it. If you decide on the Marriott, e-mail them first. They do not always allow day passes. They e-mailed me a confirmation and told me to print it and bring it with me. I did but decided not to use it.

Archived