Help -- Booking excursions through ncl.com

vowsatsea

I went to www.dolphinencounters.com to book the swim in Nassau, Bahamas. However, it says that the last reservation is 3:30pm. Our ship docks at 1pm, so I'll probably never make it over there, and I'm not willing to risk all that money.

BUT, I went over to ncl.com to view their shore excursions, and they have the dolphin encounter listed on there http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/shorexDetails.html?groupId=NAS_04

Is this done through ncl.com, so it won't matter what time we get over there? This is not showing any type of times that you would have to do there, so do you go as a group from the ship?

Has anyone been on the Dawn when it docked at 1pm, and did this excursion through ncl.com and had no problem?

If my question is unclear (which it sounds like it might be...haha), let me know and I'll try to clarify.

I went to www.dolphinencounters.com to book the swim in Nassau, Bahamas. However, it says that the last reservation is 3:30pm. Our ship docks at 1pm, so I'll probably never make it over there, and I'm not willing to risk all that money.

BUT, I went over to ncl.com to view their shore excursions, and they have the dolphin encounter listed on there http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/shorexDetails.html?groupId=NAS_04

Is this done through ncl.com, so it won't matter what time we get over there? This is not showing any type of times that you would have to do there, so do you go as a group from the ship?

Has anyone been on the Dawn when it docked at 1pm, and did this excursion through ncl.com and had no problem?

If my question is unclear (which it sounds like it might be...haha), let me know and I'll try to clarify.

You will find on that link the document relating to your cruise with the time of every excursion.

http://164.109.173.140/shorex/pricing/index.htm#bahamas

http://shorexweb.it.ncl.com/shorexweb/ShorexForm1.aspx

Try going to this link and putting in your reservation number and last name. It should bring up all the shore excursions for your sailing.

I did, but there's stuff showing up for Florida and Nassau. My cruise isn't going to Florida. Itinerary change???

I did, but there's stuff showing up for Florida and Nassau. My cruise isn't going to Florida. Itinerary change???

It may be too early for yours. You are in May and I'm not sure when you're able to book your excursions online, but I'm thinking it's too early. You can get an idea of what will be offered at each port, and as for the swim through the cruise line, to answer your original question, when you book through them you don't have to worry about making it back to the ship on time. That is THEIR job to get you back on time and the ship will wait if something goes awry. It's one of the benefits of booking that way, you have security to know the ship won't leave without you.:) And most times money isn't saved when it comes to something like the dolphin swim, booking it independent is just about the same I think. Hope that helped.:confused:

Well, I don't think I'll have a problem getting back to the ship in time. The problem would be getting over to the dolphin encounter on time. We're not docking in Nassau until 1pm, and I can't seem to find out when the last encounter is. According to dolphinencounter.com, the last one is 3:30pm, but I don't know if that is different if I were to book through NCL.

Well, I don't think I'll have a problem getting back to the ship in time. The problem would be getting over to the dolphin encounter on time. We're not docking in Nassau until 1pm, and I can't seem to find out when the last encounter is. According to dolphinencounter.com, the last one is 3:30pm, but I don't know if that is different if I were to book through NCL.

The same applies. Booking through NCL they may have a different time than the one from the direct website. Same applies in that it's an NCL excursion and they'll get you there whatever their designated time is so I wouldn't worry about what the direct website says and go by the NCL excursion if you're booking through them. Again, most times when it comes to the more expensive excursions, I've rarely seen any monetary savings in booking direct.

And I saw the post that yours will be up March 26, so I'd look at the time then, book it, then plan the rest of your day around that.

Archived