Western on Mariner-Ione McBeam. Marva Shaw experiences??

Will be sailing Western ports on Mariner and tried to book Falls/tubing with Phil Lafayette but he is not available the day we are there. Anyone have other suggestions? He suggestied Peat Taylor but have read some negative things. Since we are a party of 12 and I am doing the planning, don't want to take chance. From what I've read, Marva Shaw and Ione McBeam look good. Please let me know of your experiences with either of these tours. Thanks

Will be sailing Western ports on Mariner and tried to book Falls/tubing with Phil Lafayette but he is not available the day we are there. Anyone have other suggestions? He suggestied Peat Taylor but have read some negative things. Since we are a party of 12 and I am doing the planning, don't want to take chance. From what I've read, Marva Shaw and Ione McBeam look good. Please let me know of your experiences with either of these tours. Thanks

I am interested in this info too. Any help?:confused:

We went with Ionie McBeam and her husband Lewis last August. We went to Dunn's River Falls and River Tubing. Then we took a tour through Fern Gulley (not worth it), and were dropped off at Margaritaville at the pier. It was our best day of the cruise! :)

We've used A-Z Jamaica Planners with Oscar in the past and will do so again in April. Same type of tour, falls, tubing, fern gully (very interesting), lunch, shopping, straw market & back to ship. With a group fo 12, you could probably have a van to yourselves and design your own tour.

Just used Marva on our Mariner 2/25 cruise - I cannot say enough good about her! Here's my review from the ports of call board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=513060

I've heard many good things about other tour groups; however, if we go to Jamaica again, then Marva will be my first pick. I know what the product is and it is excellent. :)

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

We also went with Ionie McBeam for our group of 10. We only wanted to go to Dunn's River, then back to Margaritaville. She was willing to take us to other locations also, but we were essentially just looking for transportation. You can basically rent her van & tour services for the day, if there are other things you would like to do. We thought she was fine, and would choose them again.

Hi. We used Ione in January and just loved her. She met us promptly, took us (6) to Dunns River Falls and we were done before the crowds started to arrive. We then did Calyso Tubing on the White River and a tour of Fern Gulley. Lunch at the Ruins was awesome, it is such a beautiful setting with the waterfall and all, (http://www.ruinsjamaica.com/) then we went sightseeing in the hills and found a great overlook of the ship for a nice Kodak moment. We were back on the pier in time to drop the kids of at AO, get back off the ship and shop for some cruise booze at Ocean's Eleven. A great day was had by all! Just contact Ione and let her know exactly what you want to do, she is very flexible and will do whatever you want.

Archived