Upgrade ?

prg909

for all you more experienced cruisers out there

i booked a 4a inside cabin its not a guarantee i have a cabin number already

what if any are my chances of an upgrade if i am a past guest going on my birthday and i also paid in full for the trip immediatly upon booking it

never had an upgrade before never really thought of it till i started reading these boards:confused:

Cruise lines tend to upgrade pax--if they even do so--who are in guar. cabins before they do those with assigned cabins. They do that because the line has to ask permission to move people in assigned cabins. They don't have to do so for people in guarantees.

If you desire, you can tell your travel professional what you told us. Keep in mind before you do so that an upgrade can be anywhere on the ship [so long as it's at least category 4a in your circumstance]. You have no control.

We have always booked assigned cabins. On two of our cruises we received an unexpected upgrade. The cruise line or travel agent does NØT have to call and ask for your permission before giving you an upgrade. (althought that seems like it would be the proper thing to do as some people book assigned cabins for a specific reason) Neither time did anyone contact us to see if we wanted the upgrade. (one time we booked directly through Carnival, the other time with an online travel agent) With that being said, I think that my situation is uncommon, although anything is possible! :D

We have never received an upgrade when we hd an assigned cabin, but most times, we WANTED that particular cabin anyhow.

We HAVE been upgraded a few decks with a gty though.

Once we got very lucky and were upgraded from a 6a (window) to a cat 11 on the Fantasy! But usually the upgrades are within the same cat- just put on a higher deck.

Archived