On-board Mixers -- Smuggler's Punch

I mix 2 parts of the Passion Fruit/Guava juice with 1 shot of Malibu and 1 shot of vodka. Yummy!

I take an empty water bottle to the lido deck in the morning and fill it up and keep it in my cabin because the juice is only available in the morning.

I mix 2 parts of the Passion Fruit/Guava juice with 1 shot of Malibu and 1 shot of vodka. Yummy!

I take an empty water bottle to the lido deck in the morning and fill it up and keep it in my cabin because the juice is only available in the morning.

I found on my recent cruise that the razzberry vodka mixed well with the free punch, passion-guava and oj.. a kind of universal mixer covering all social engagements for all hours of the day. Of course I had to take my own Envio (sic) water. :D :rolleyes:

Has anyone ever brough one of those little emersion blenders, I don't currently own one, but wondered if they were effective and also smaller??

I own a small, battery operated BLENDER. It is great for picnics and tailgates!

You all are so funny. All of this time I have been taking packets of hot chocolate for my morning addiction.

In my quest for the perfect water bottle, I must ask, how many ounces does this alleged $5 bottle hold? Assuming it's a good sized bottle, that will affect how many bottles of Cruzan Mango Rum I drink over the course of a week, bought from appropriate sources of course:)

TinaJ

Hello Tina,

My wife is a mango rum girl herself. What's your favorite recipe? She likes equal parts orange juice and pineapple juice and fills cup with mango rum. I also noticed the theme of your next cruise. When is your last day at school? She has 9 days left at school and we cruise in 20 days. Have fun and happy cruising!!!

• 2 months later...
Cranberry juice-2 parts

Pineapple juice-1 part

Dark Rum -as much as you want

Peach Schnapps-1 part

Serve over ice. My favorite pre-dinner libation:)

what juices are free on the ship?

is cranberry or pineapple free???

We just got back from the beach and took plastic mini bottles of Bacardi Big Apple. We mixed it with lemonade from the Chick fil'a stand and it was awesome!!!! The bottles came in a little box of 10 for about 5 bucks which was cheaper than buying the liter. They would be perfect for sticking in my beach bag to accompany me to the Lido deck if I were to be the type of low life to ever smuggle anything. :cool: :p

Wow! I'm surprised at how some get so worked up about someone elses actions on THEIR cruise. As long as people act responsibly with their drinking, noone should have anything to say about it, especially when it has absolutely no affect on them.

(funny how my first post pertains to a thread on this topic...)

Wow! I'm surprised at how some get so worked up about someone elses actions on THEIR cruise. As long as people act responsibly with their drinking, noone should have anything to say about it, especially when it has absolutely no affect on them.

(funny how my first post pertains to a thread on this topic...)

Welcome to the (hic) boards :D

I just want to say I love you all. You are beautiful, generous people who have just enhanced my cruise. LOL

One question, though - when I read Magic Bullet, I think of something a teensy bit different. So there is a bullet that is actually a blender? LOL

Just add tequila to the lemonade for a great poor mans margarita.

I'll second this suggestion... "hypothetically" of course!

Keep in mind that regular lemonade is more watery (less sour) than bartenders "Sour Mix". Adding a just little powdered limeade to the lemonade gives it just the right taste. Using a clear tequilla also keeps the color pretty correct for your average plastic 1 liter bottle of Minute Maid.

I like spiced rum (Captain Morgan) and diet coke. Low cal (less than 150), and no carbs. I also like a good bottle of tequila, Grand Marnier, and a triple sec like Cointreau to make margaritas. The lime juice will be tricky to get, but a bottle of RealLime may work. I have heard that if you are leaving out of Puerto Rico, that you can buy duty free liquor after checking in and bring it onboard in your carry on.

I " understand ", that some ne'er do wells:eek: " smuggle alcohol in their luggage away from the prying eyes and hands of Carnival baggage checkers. I also " hear" that it is best to wrap in plastic to avoid breakage. Some actually put the liquor in other containers IE Mouthwash, Gatorade bottles.:rolleyes: . Rumor has it, that it is best NEVER to put it in your hand luggage at check in, to avoid it being confiscated:eek: I myself walk the straight and narrow and AVOID these types of people at all cost....... But, where is the pineapple juice on board ( in case someone should ask ):D ,

If you check around in your local liquor store, you can find some plastic bottles. Ask the clerk and they can point you to some.

• 2 weeks later...
Are you allowed to put liquor in your checked luggage when flying? I would certainly wrap it in bubble wrap, but wasn't sure if it was allowed (within the U.S.).

Yes.

Just not in your carry-on luggage. From the TSA web site ( http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1189.shtm )

Carrying Alcohol In Your Checked Baggage

Please note, you can’t take alcoholic beverages with more than 70% alcohol content (140 proof), including 95% grain alcohol and 150 proof rum, in your checked luggage.

You may take up to five liters of alcohol with alcohol content between 24% and 70% per person as checked luggage if it’s packaged in a sealable bottle or flask.

Alcoholic beverages with less than 24% alcohol content are not subject to hazardous materials regulations.

• 2 weeks later...
Cranberry juice-2 parts

Pineapple juice-1 part

Dark Rum -as much as you want

Peach Schnapps-1 part

Serve over ice. My favorite pre-dinner libation:)

I Love this thread!!

I'm actually sitting here taking notes while my mean old boss is sitting just 5 feet away....:D if he only knew

Cruisin in 10 days!!!

• 3 weeks later...

So, as a first time cruiser (not until March), I decided I may want a drink now and then... Let's be sure I have this right... I can buy a bottle of booze, secure it in my suitcase that I am checking at the airport, and then it will breeze right through to my cabin, where I can enjoy at my leisure? If someone can confirm that it is that simple, please do! I am a bit of a goody goody so this whole concept is new to me...

So, as a first time cruiser (not until March), I decided I may want a drink now and then... Let's be sure I have this right... I can buy a bottle of booze, secure it in my suitcase that I am checking at the airport, and then it will breeze right through to my cabin, where I can enjoy at my leisure? If someone can confirm that it is that simple, please do! I am a bit of a goody goody so this whole concept is new to me...

There are a ton of smuggling threads on this board, but you have the general idea. This thread is really hypothetically what you would use for mixers if you were to bring booze on board.;)

Actually, my favorite drink involves only a wedge of lime and some good dark rum. Sip it slowly on deck and life doesn't get any better (Well, maybe add a cigar:) )

I agree with you...........a cigar is a nice addition ........

On some cruise lines, you can get fresh squeezed OJ in the morning.......this is wonderful mixed with Capt. Morgan's coconut rum. We collect a few glasses and store it in the room fridge or keep it on ice in our collapsable cooler until needed..............