toys/play area on Mariner

cruzlover

We will be cruising with our two granddaughters next month, 1 and 2 1/2 years old. We've been on Carnival, Princess and NCL but this is our first time on RCCL and our first time cruising with children.

We are planning on taking them to the 45 minute Fisher Price play group each day but I was wondering if there is a play area and toys available the rest of the day or do we need to bring some. Their parents will be going on shore tours while we stay on the ship with them. We are bringing a blow up pool for the younger one, the older one is potty trained.

Thanks for your help.

My last cruise was on the Mariner. It's a beautiful ship. We did the fisherprice playdates for 2 days only. There was only one other toddler there. It was also scheduled pretty early in the morning and my daughter tended to sleep in on the cruise (all that excitement, I guess ;) ), so after the second time there we stopped going -- she wasn't that into it either. You just get a toy to play with in a small room. Maybe if more toddlers/babies were there it would have been more enjoyable. There was another thread posted about being able to borrow the toys for a while, but really, there is no real place to play with them in a cabin.

What I would reccommend on the Mariner is going during the daytime to the Dragon's Lair (nightclub at night, but empty during the day). Access it on the Deck 3 and let them go crazy. It was a lifesaver for me with my then 14 month old. She got to run around like a maniac and I didn't have to worry at all -- no people to disturb or bother and she could make as much noise as she wanted. You could also take some toys there as well for them to play with if you wish. I found that she didn't need any, the whole ship was too much fun for her!

Have fun on the Mariner!

Kim

We also went on the Mariner a few months ago with a 8yr old 4yr old and 11month old and for our baby we did take a few toys that were his favorite to play with in the room so while we were getting dressed he had something to do and we took a couple with us to dinner for him to play with. He was also happy to ride in his stroller and look at everything. We did not attend the fisher price play time either it was to early in the morning for us. We also found little quite places to let him down and run out all pent up energy. All in all it was a great cruise we all had a great time and all the cruise staff made a big deal over our boys and they loved it! APRIL:D

Thanks so much for your replies.

We will probably bring a few easy to pack toys for the younger one and I've bought some new toys (books, puzzles) for the older one. The parents and two children have two adjoining inside cabins so space should not be too much of an issue.

I was wondering if there was a play area like the one in the link below.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1097140052050830847PygRQI

Archived