Wife can't swim but I love snorkeling. Help!

Neowind

Okay so the title says it all. I love to snorkel but the wife can't swim so I need somewhere that she can just relax on a beach or a boat while I can snorkel for a while. We also enjoy Jet Ski's and such in the water. Could anyone recommend a place that would maybe provide us both some fun?

We will be here in June 7:00AM-6:00PM.

Thanks.

Eli's Eco Tour would be a great option for you. You go to many places where you get to see a lot from the boat, and at Bird Island she would be able to climb to the top with you. They do have life vests, so she could even be able to go over to Hell's Gate for the climb. The only place she might not want to get into the water is when the boat goes to the deep water snorkel spot. She could just stay on the boat. There were people who did that when we were on this excursion. Sounds like the perfect answer!

I have pictures in my signature is you would like to check them out.

There are several things you could do but i would highly recommend getting a private boat maybe speed to take you to different snorkeling sights, this way your wife is entertained while seeing what the island has to offer. My second option would be doing a catamaran tour they are allot of fun. Treasure island cruises is my fav. Third option would be to rent a car and head over to galleon bay or Pineapple hotel for a day on the beach. Check our Nelsons Dockyard if you go to Galleon bay. If you need specefic help send me an email hya_9@hotmail.com

I have no advice on specific beaches/tours but try to talk your wife into giving snorkeling a try. I am NOT a swimmer, on a good day I might be able to doggy paddle for 5 feet at best and I can float on my back for about 3 seconds so I never considered snorkeling. But last year I had a chance to try it. Most tours will have inflatable life vests, they take all the work out of snorkeling. I was scared to death to go over the side of the boat but the tour guides promised they wouldn't let me drown. The vest kept me afloat and I felt perfectly safe, as for snorkeling, I LOVED IT! I didn't want to stop. It helps that I'm old enough now that I don't care if I look like a dork in a life vest. My dh swims far better than I do and didn't wear a vest but he got more tired than I did, I got to relax and just float around with the aid of the vest and saw things I never thought I would experience. You really don't need to swim to snorkle, at least if you aren't embarrassed by the vest. Unless of course your wife is just terrified of water, then I'd leave her alone.

Okay so the title says it all. I love to snorkel but the wife can't swim so I need somewhere that she can just relax on a beach or a boat while I can snorkel for a while. We also enjoy Jet Ski's and such in the water. Could anyone recommend a place that would maybe provide us both some fun?

We will be here in June 7:00AM-6:00PM.

Thanks.

Neowind

1) get her a vest

2) Teach her to Swim!!!

On the Eli Eco Tour how much time do you spend snorkeling versus riding around on the boat and on a beach?

At the main snorkel spot I would guess you spend about 45 minutes to an hour. Maybe a little longer. You really don't have any "beach" time. You climb up Bird Island (maybe an hour?) and Hell's Gate (another hour?). You eat on the boat at Bird Island - maybe 45 minutes. The rest of the time is going along the Antigue, viewing a few islands, then the mangroves, and going back to your ship after the big snorkeling stop off Bird Island. If I am off on my times, I am sure someone will help out.

Archived