Need to Limit Sun Exposure for Sting Ray City...

OzarkCat

Hi!

My wife is finishing up chemotherapy and will still be extra sun sensitive during our cruise. I think she'd do ok on a boat where she can stay out of the direct sun and maybe jump in the water for 5 minutes or so. Any suggestions for tours that can accomodate her needs?

Thanks!

Hi!

My wife is finishing up chemotherapy and will still be extra sun sensitive during our cruise. I think she'd do ok on a boat where she can stay out of the direct sun and maybe jump in the water for 5 minutes or so. Any suggestions for tours that can accomodate her needs?

Thanks!

Almost all of the excursion boats have areas that are sheltered from the sun. Moby Dick has boats that offer quite a lot of sun protection.

Have her take an older t-shirt that doesn't matter if it fades from the salt water and wear that on the boat and into the water along with lots of sunblock, and a hat and she'll be fine.

Congratulations on completing your chemo! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for a complete recovery!

Have a wonderful cruise. You've earned it! :)

While most boats have some form of shade, I'll suggest two other issues.

1) trips closer to mid-day actually provide more shade as the shadow of any canopy falls more directly over the boat. Earlier trips sometimes expose passengers to sun at an angle where you can't really sit in the shade at all.

2) depending upon any nausea effects she may be experiencing, a small boat may not be a comfortable trip for her. Ask her physician about any contraindications to seasickness medications.

Perhaps she should consider some UV protective clothing. http://www.sungrubbies.com offers a wide selection of Clothing that will provide good protection from the suns damaging/harmful UV rays. We have purchased from them for my red-haired, fair-skinned son. He doesn't tan, he just burns, so sun protection is important and he wears his shirt in the water.

Archived