Back home from the Miracle - Mar.11-18

KAWS

Took a stroll around the ship while people were eating, visited the pursers desk to dump my fun ship dollars on my account and then hit Horatio's (the buffet). Had a leisurely lunch and realized I was going to be gaining weight this week!

Kim

OK... It has been a while since I have been on Carnival, soooooo what are fun ship dollars? How do I get som3e???? And what are they good for????

Can't wait for our cruise!

Did You enjoy the new "Carnival Comfort bed" in your stateroom on the "Miracle". How was it? We had similar on HAL "Noordam and it was great.

Thank you for the review, sounds like you all had a "Great Time". Sorry your son's girlfriend had to pay full price for Her soda card. I don't think it is fair either.Welcome Home!

caravellov: Yes the first hypnotist show is family rated. There is another R rated one the next night. Needless to say I wasn't going to that one in case I felt tempted to go up there again!! LOL There's also a family feud show which was fun. Every time they do a show (like a comedian) they do a family version and then later an R rated one. They are clearly noted in the capers so you can't miss. In fact, once this man tried to bring his kid to an R rated one. They sat up at the front and the comedian noticed him, stopped dead in his tracks and asked the child to leave and the parent skulked out after him. The rest of us applauded.

SYLYB: Yes the cabin IS as good as you've heard. You'll have no trouble fitting a group out on that balcony. It's huge! So nice to watch both sides from the aft too.

SunnieD: I would say the decor was whimsical. It's not subdued but I wouldn't say "gaudy". The dining room to some might be a tad over the top, but it honestly didn't bother us in the least. I thought it looked very "cruise shippy" and fun. LOL Our son's balcony wasn't small - just small compared to ours. It's about twice the size (across) of a balcony room deck. Plenty of room for two people to lounge out there and enjoy.

Ms Belvedere: Yes room service is available the first day. Once you sail away (at 4 pm) then you can order room service. If you want stuff to be in your room ahead of time for when you arrive, order it from gift services. We did that and it was waiting for us when we arrived. But honestly room service only takes about 10 minutes or so to arrive, so I wouldn't pay the $$ to order stuff ahead. Just wait to sail. BTW the cookies are delicious!

bigelow: Soda and alcohol - We brought two boxes of water/soda on board that also contained our wine that had been wrapped in bubble wrap. We taped the living daylights out of it and then slapped a luggage tag on it and it arrived just fine. The other alcohol (and to be honest we didn't bring a whole lot on board and drank even less of it) was wrapped in bubble wrap and put in our luggage.

nycglitter: Funship dollars can be ordered from gift services. They are in denominations of $25, 50 or 100 and I ordered $100 per month for several months in advance of my cruise so that I could pre-save the money for my sign and sail. When I got onboard I just went to the pursers desk and they applied them to my sign and sail and I started off the cruise with a credit. Worked just fine. Then everything that goes on your sign and sail just comes off this. IF you have anything left by the end of the cruise they will give you a cheque back on the last night. We, of course, didn't have one red cent left, but hey....that's another story! LOL

IKE: I LOVED the bedding. The duvet was wonderful and I can understand why so many people want to buy it. I slept soundly every single night except for the last night and I think that was because I KNEW it was the last night. Very comfortable pillows too.

I think that answers everyone's questions. If anyone has more, please let me know. I'm happy to answer them.

Kim

Archived