suggestions and organization tips desperatly needed for inside cabins..

crissyp

does anyone know how many outlets there are in an inside cabin??

I'm thinking 4 battery chargers, 4 cell phone chargers, 4 ipod chargers will most likely be used the most.

thanks again!

+ straightener :eek: :eek: :eek:

i see flickering lights in the morning at this Deck...

I was in a minisuite with 3 other friends last fall. It actually wasn't as bad as you'd think, but we all packed light. Each of us only brought one suitcase and none of the suitcases were that big. For clothing, mix and match is the key. It helps if you can plan on doing laundry once during the cruise, and cutting down on shoes is a big thing too. Try to plan your two formal outfits so they both match the same pair of shoes. Then bring one pair of tennis shoes, and one pair of dressy but comfortable sandals that go with your smart casual clothes for dinner. This may sound crazy, but see if they can manage to pack everything they want to bring into one carry-on-sized duffel bag. Rick Steves (my favorite Europe travel guru) says don't ask yourself "will I use this snorkel and fins," ask yourself, "Will I use them enough to justify carrying them across the Swiss Alps?" Or in this case, "will I use them enough to justify them cluttering up an already crowded cabin?" If the answer is no, then it stays home.

Another tip would be for them not to see the cabin as a place to hang out all day. The ship is huge and there are lots of places to hang out that aren't as claustrophobic as an inside cabin with 4 people in it. The less time they spend in the cabin, they less likely they are to leave such a mess that it's impossible to move around in it. They also have to be really good about putting things away--one slob who leaves their stuff everywhere and they'll start to go crazy.

why do they need cell phones? Just take one. Just remember when you get into international waters you can still make calls (Princess is supposed to have a cell tower on each boat now) but you get charged INTERNATIONAL rates... if you do not have it on your plan its like $2.50/minute. You can usually get an international plan for $5/month and the minutes are only $.50-.60/minute.

Id take 1 surge protector with 6 outlets...that should be enough to charge the ipods, 1 cell phone, and straighten their hair 1 at a time. I dont think they will use their Ipods taht much and you can probably get away with charging 1-2 at a time.

Im sure they will overpack...so remind them that they are only on a X many day cruise and only need X many outfits...its going to be fun watching 4 teenage girls try to share 1 shower, 1 toilet and a whopping 150sq ft

I'm an inside cabin veteran (I hate smokey balconies and love to spend the money on shore excursions) and have sailed several Princess ships inside. First of all, inside cabins on Princess are NOT created equally. I have been four to an inside on Regal, that's the biggest. It's not too bad and there's a little more closet space.

If you are talking Grand class ship (like Grand, Star, Sapphire, etc), those aren't too bad but take only one suitcase each (that's the max that will slide under the beds and get out of the way). Share what you can, and take mix and match outfits for smart casual nights to cut those in half. Plan on doing laundry. Put personal items (ie toothbrushes, etc) in a hanging accessory bag that can be hung in the closet (these are plastic and designed for this) when you don't need them, then take to bathroom with you so you don't have to find room for all four girl's things at once in there.

Avoid the shoe rack imo and minimize your shoe wardrobe. One pair of black (or brown), one white, one watersocks (for beach cruises), one sneakers, sandals or flip-flops for pool. Better yet, one fancy instead of two.

If you are talking about Sun class ships, don't even try four to an inside if you want to like these people by the end of the cruise. If you MUST, then at least choose one of the long skinny cabins; avoid the rhomboid shaped ones at all costs. Those are so tiny that you will not be able to all get ready for bed at the same time; two will have to stand outside until the upper berth ppl are in bed and so on. And stagger times that you will be getting ready for anything.

Good luck! Consider it an adventure and you'll have a good time.

Okay...scenario.....4 - 19 yr old girls sharing an inside cabin:eek: :eek: 9 nights:eek: :eek:

I've been reading all the packing lists and the four of them can't possibly fit all those things in an inside cabin. How many over the door shoe holders, power strips, pop up laundry baskets should they really bring??

I'm going to suggest they share bathroom products, and to try and bring only 1 suitcase each...Any other suggestions???

Can you imagine all the shoes...OMG!

Would appreciate any grea ideas

thanks

crissy:)

Hi crissy

I don't know where my hubby got them but the very best thing we packed were these hooks that had suction cups on them that locked in place. We had stuff hanging everywhere with those. It kept alot of stuff off the floor plus we hung two of them in the shower to hang things to dry. We bought 6 of them & put all of them to use.

Have a great cruise!

Although the hangers are plentiful, and you can request more, they are bulky. DH and I always put all of them in a suitcase under the bed to store for the duration of the cruise (and inform the steward of this) and we bring lots of our own dry cleaner metal hangers for everything. We also bring a slack and/or skirt hanger with several platforms to take advantage of the "vertical" space. Even just for the 2 of us, this makes the closet space (really small until you get to a minimum of mini-suite category) tolerable.

With that said - they will have a blast, and remember it all of their lives!:)

I think I know what suction cup/hooks you might be talking about!! I bought them to hang xmas wreaths with from Home Shopping NEtwork!

They really are great. I'm going to have to dig out my xmas decorations to look for them, but I'm definetely going to bring them along. Thanks for reminding me about them!

Regarding cell phones....I'm not sure if they will work on the Crown, but I know for sure that they will all be wanting to call their boyfriends and home too! The phone charges are their problem, not mine;)

Thanks for the tip about the XXL Ziploc bags too! I think I've seen these in Walmart. These are not the ones that you suck the air out though, are they??

How many over the door shoe holders do you guys think they will be able to hang?? I'm thinking only two, one on each side of the bathroom door.

But then, I'm not sure if the door would close...Oh well, I guess at this point, privacy won't be that much of an issue:eek: thanks....Crissy

We sailed last year on the Star. My two daughters were in an inside cabin with all the shoes!! It is laid out nicely and they had plenty of room for their cosmetics, hair stuff etc. Both were happy with the hair dryer provided and also were ok with the shampoo, conditioner provided so did not pack that. Left room for more shoes!! I think they should have room under the bed and in the closet for suit cases, but duffels are nice as they smoosh down. On the other hand, I really do like the over the door shoe holder. Put all the stuff that clutters a counter up in it. Sun tan lotion, sun glasses, cruise cards, hair brush, etc. Hope you have fun with all the girls. Sounds like a great time to me.

Archived