RE: Hurricane Alex here we come!!

doolange

Leaving tomorrow on the Legend out of NY and right into the arms of Alex!

Packed dramamine, sea bands, ginger and bonine. Expected a really rough ride. Curious to see if Carnival will change the itinerary at all. Maybe we will leave a little later because it is supposed to be out at sea by Wed. Will let you know. Wonder how the people coming into NY are! They are literally cruising right into it!!! Those poor people had to lose a day getting on and then cruise into a hurricane. Jeepers!

LOL, What an adventure! You should be fine by the time you get to sea.. Alex probably won't be a hurricane until sometime tomorrow and by that team he will be moving on out... we have been getting pounded by the rain bands today, but NOTHING like in the hurricanes over the past couple of years... Looks like Alex is taking it easy and hopefully will move his butt on out to sea tomorrow... good luck and have a great time!!!!!!!!! We'll be wishing you well from here!

I certainly hope the captain will take the ship away from the path of the storm. Why endanger the lives of so many people. Call Carnival about the route. When you are below the storm area, I am sure you will visit all of the scheduled stops. Best of luck.

Since I am cruising out of NY in October, when I heard about Alex, I was wondering if it would effect any NYC cruisers with the hurricane being fairly far out to see...I guess I dont know how far the ship actually goes out to see. Are they anticipating that this will effect cruises that far up north?

Hope all goes well, Doolange. Let us know how it was when you get back!

doolange

We were on the Legend in Oct 2002 coming back from Hailfax we hit that horrible Noreaster. The waves were 25 plus feet. We were rocking and rolling but the Legned did fine. We actually enjoy the waves. I have been on the Legend 3 times and love this ship. FYI my daughter (24) got sea sick when we were on this cruise July 4th week-end. She went to the ship doctor and he told her for $5.00 I can give you a pill that will help you right away, but since you are vomiting so much I can suggest for $ 10.00 I can give you a supository or for $ 50.00 a shot. Well needless to say she opted for the shot and she wa fine within a hour. He gave her pills to take the rest of the trip. The only hitch was he told her not to drink too much. She submitted the bill to her insurance company and they reimbursed her less her deductable. I'm sure you will have a great time no matter where you end up going. I have also re-booked this cruise for Aug 25th 2005. Have fun.

Archived