Island Marketing no longer has jeep tour

NoVa Mimi

In a previous thread I had asked about not finding this tour on a link to Island Marketing. I clicked on the Live Help button on their web site and this is what I learned:

Sarah: Good morning, how may I help?

Tami: Hello Sarah, do you still offer the jeep safari to Rum Point?

Sarah: only for larger private groups

Sarah: we do offer Jeep tours in Cozumel

Tami: How many people need to book in Grand Cayman?

Tami: Is this a new change?

Sarah: yes it is actually, just this week

Sarah: 16 people or more

Tami: I am so sorry to hear this. Your jeep tour was enjoyed by many people on "Cruise Critic" and there are quite a number of others that were looking forward to it.

Sarah: the operator was finding it difficult as so many couples did not want to ride with people that they didn't know and the only way that he could make a profit would be to run with 4 in a jeep.

I thought I'd share this info with you all. Does anyone know of another company that does a similar excursion?

It's really too bad that some people had to ruin this tour for others. Is it really such a bad thing to meet new people?? I had really wanted to go on the jeep tour but it was already full when I called a couple months ago. I went on a tour in Isla Margarita where I (a Red Sox fan) had to ride in a small truck with a group of strangers (all Yankees fans). Despite our obvious disgust with each other over team loyalty :) (Red Sox and Yankees fans will understand) we had the best time and I wouldn't hesitate to do something like that again.

Quote "Sarah: the operator was finding it difficult as so many couples did not want to ride with people that they didn't know and the only way that he could make a profit would be to run with 4 in a jeep." Quote

I find that very sad and selfish. Joining a group of others for a tour is one of the things we enjoy. We've done jeep tours in St. Lucia, Aruba, St. Thomas and St. John. We always do sponored tours on vacation everywhere we've been. It's nice to meet new people and we always have fun in groups. If people what to do things on their own than they shouldn't book tours. Rent a jeep or car then you came be by yourself. By not doing so, they are really ruining it for others.

Archived