Babysitting on RCCL

Hello all,

We are still planning (haven't purchased) a cruise for Alaska in 2008 on Radiance of the Seas. Our biggest dillema, is that we want to take our child (who will be under 1 yr old) at the time on the cruise with us. I have called RCCL customer support and they said that they have baby sitting services available for all ages, but you can only book them one day in advance, and it depends on availability. We will only need the babysitting service for one day, but if we can't arrange for one, we might take the baby with us on the excursion. The excursion we want to do is the dog sledding helicopter tour, but I don't know if the tour company will allow that.

Has anyone ever taken infants on this excursion?

Has anyone ever used their babysitting service? If so, was it easy to book them? Were they reliable?

Thanks in advance to all

I've been told that RC only allows for in cabin babysitting for babies over 1 year old (by RC customer service and on their website, but I'm not sure exactly where I saw that). We took our then 7 month old on a cruise 2 months ago (on Monarch) and also found this to be the case (which was ok as we had already been aware of this). I'm also not sure if the in-cabin babysitting for kids under 3 allows parents to leave the ship - I think that to leave the ship parent's must leave their kids in Adventure Ocean, where the minimum age is 3.

We're waiting to take our next cruise later this summer, after DS is over 1 years old so that we can take advantage of the in-cabin babysitting here and there (unless we can get the grandparents to come along)...

Hi GoBlue522

You are correct. After reading your post, I called RC Customer Rep and asked them about the in room babysitting service, and it is for 1 yrs old and above, plus I hadn't asked them about leaving the ship during baby sitting service, and apprantely we can't leave the ship. Your information was correct.

Does any know if the tour company will allow infants to ride the helicopter? If they don't, then I guess Alaska will definitely be postposned. Unfortunetly grand parents aren't an option for us.

Archived