Cozumel – Dive review of www.divewithcristina.com

jwmcq

We were a group of 11 (3 families) with 5 divers and the rest snorkelers. We originally booked with Allison after the great recommendations here. Allison had thought she could rent a bigger boat to accommodate us, but it fell through so she referred us to her friend Cristina. I would highly recommend Cristina to anyone. 4 out of 5 in our group are newly certified divers and they were very patient and educational with us. The dads and teenage sons went out first thing after arriving for a dive while we took the girls to swim with the dolphins. They said it was a great dive, but I was not there so I cannot comment. After the dolphins, we then joined up with the dads and went to Pelancar Gardens. Cristina stayed on top of the water with our teens and taught them how to free dive. The snorkelers actually saw more sea life than we did down below. Jaime was our dive master and he was extremely thorough and taught me a lot. The experienced diver in our group said Jaime was the most thorough DM he had dove with and plans to change his summer trip to dive with them. The coral formations of Pelancar were amazing with many swim throughs that were fascinating. We went to 90 ft, but our average was around 60 ft. We had a bottom time of 55 min. We saw lobster, grouper, crab, a stingray and some amazing coral. This reef was not damaged at all by the hurricane. Cristina also served us lunch on the boat. We paid $80 for the dads to do a two tank dive, $40 for the moms, and $30 each for the snorkelers. Lunch and snorkel gear were included in the price.

Please feel free to ask any questions while it is all fresh in my mind.

jwmcq

You obviously have the diving bug, and seem to be infecting the family as well. My hat's off to you.:) Believe me, diving never gets old, especially when your family begins to enjoy it with you. I've got three boys, only one diver, but my two grandsons, 5 and 7,well there's another story. I take underwater video, and they are simply awed at what I show them, especially the sharks. Two years ago, I took several Sponge Bob toys down on a wreck dive, and placed Sponge Bob, Patrick, Mr. Crab and Squidward, in various locations on the wreck, and went back and filmed the wreck along with the kid's favorite characters. It was a real hoot, but got them more hooked.

You keep it up and enjoy everything you experience diving. It is a very special experience, one you'll remeber for years.;) Thanks for posting your reviews, and please keep them coming.:)

jwmcq

You obviously have the diving bug, and seem to be infecting the family as well. My hat's off to you.:) Believe me, diving never gets old, especially when your family begins to enjoy it with you. I've got three boys, only one diver, but my two grandsons, 5 and 7,well there's another story. I take underwater video, and they are simply awed at what I show them, especially the sharks. Two years ago, I took several Sponge Bob toys down on a wreck dive, and placed Sponge Bob, Patrick, Mr. Crab and Squidward, in various locations on the wreck, and went back and filmed the wreck along with the kid's favorite characters. It was a real hoot, but got them more hooked.

You keep it up and enjoy everything you experience diving. It is a very special experience, especially when you share it, and one you'll remeber for years.;) Thanks for posting your reviews, and please keep them coming.:)

It's always nice to be able to add to the stable of cruise-friendly dive operations. The dive/snorkel combo trips get asked about frequently.

Thanks for sharing!

Wendy

Archived