6th Floor Balcony - Explorer of the Seas?

MarieF4861

Hi,

I have booked a 6th floor (relatively mid-ship) balcony cabin for an upcoming sailing on the RCI Explorer of the Seas. This is the first time I will have a balcony cabin and wonder if the 6th floor is high enough to enjoy its advantages. Also, might here be a problem on the 6th floor with noise from the Promenade below? I am paying more than I would like to have a balcony room and want to make sure I have chosen a good location. I don't have much experience with this and any advice would be appreciated.

Hi,

I have booked a 6th floor (relatively mid-ship) balcony cabin for an upcoming sailing on the RCI Explorer of the Seas. This is the first time I will have a balcony cabin and wonder if the 6th floor is high enough to enjoy its advantages. Also, might here be a problem on the 6th floor with noise from the Promenade below? I am paying more than I would like to have a balcony room and want to make sure I have chosen a good location. I don't have much experience with this and any advice would be appreciated.

you wont get noise- from the promanade deck.

Personally I would move up one deck. The balconies on deck 6 are enclosed with a metal on the balcony instead of plexiglass giving the balconies somewhat of a closed in feeling.

deck 7

64756086ZjuRTE_th.jpg

deck 6

64797841TrFeka_th.jpg

Thank you - a picture is worth a thousand words! I will see what is available on Deck 7 - at this point there will probably not be anything mid-ship. Do you think that makes a difference? My daughter is concerned about sea sickness.

you wont get noise- from the promanade deck.

Personally I would move up one deck. The balconies on deck 6 are enclosed with a metal on the balcony instead of plexiglass giving the balconies somewhat of a closed in feeling.

deck 7

64756086ZjuRTE_th.jpg

deck 6

64797841TrFeka_th.jpg

when are you looking to sail?

Does your daughter get sick in a car-- on amusment parks?

experince any motion sickness at home? If not the chance of getting sea sick is very low.

But if you experince rough waters you will feel the motion no matter where you are located. I have stayed on the aft of the ship all cruises and felt little of no motion at all. (maybe a slight swaying.

Try to avoid the very front. Balconies across the back of the ship are bigger for the same amount of money as on the side. If youcan grab one of those-- do so. You wont be sorry.

But do stay off deck 6--especailyl on the back

Thanks. We were on the Explorer last year (our first cruise) and had a third floor oceanview AFT cabin that we booked at a very reasonable cost two weeks before sailing. She could not look out the window at that level without feeling sick. She was fine on the upper decks. It is looking down into the water that makes her sick. She also took Bonine every day after the first one and had no major problems.

oh yes-- looking downintothe water can make it worse. THe best place for her to look is OUT at the water-- and keep her eye on the horizon.

bein glow should have helped. Sounds like her equalibrium is off some.

the aft balconies are huge compared to the side ones.

We had two lounge chairs , 2 regular chairs with a small table with plenty of space for a party of cruise critic people (about 15)

7688 is the corner- I would personally grabbed taht one for sure-- you still can look out the side too.

7554 is a connecting cabin-- if you dont need the connecting cabin dont take that one-- you will hear everything in the other room.

if your daughter is adament about taking that aft then the ones on deck 8 are the better choice

Archived