tanning

crusin girl 2

We're preparing for a cruise and in the past have always gone to the tanning bed several times to get a base tan before going. I can't imagine anything that could ruin your cruise more quickly than getting sunburned the first day out. We've always had good luck going this route but I'm curious about how others prepare for the Caribbean sun.

Anytime I have been to the caribbean, I have gone to the tanning bed a couple of times for a base. This helps, but I also use a very high SPF while there as to not damage my skin. The sun is so hot and powerful that without a high SPF, you are damaging your skin....the base tan helps me from getting burned and the SPF keeps me from looking 90 when I'm 40, LOL... I generally keep a nice color, but the caribbean sun can burn even the most seasoned tanner if not careful... so I would say I use a couple of methods... the only thing I never understand are the people that get a spray tan or use the rub on lotion... not only does it not protect as much from the harmful rays, it's not a base tan and you can still burn? Okay, maybe I will never understand, LOL>>>>>>> Have fun on your cruise!!!

Archived