Waitlist question

SuzCruise

We are waitlisted for a balcony cabin on the Grand for 4/21. There appear to be 4 suites left vacant and other than that the ship is full. What are the cancellation rates like on the Grand? If we 8th on the waitlist do we have a chance? Any advice or info would be welcome. Thanks!

If you are number 8 on the waitlist for a cabin and you only see 4 there - and the cruise is next month so everyone should be paid in full, I'm sorry to say that it doesn't look good. It could happen if people cancel - and sadly, things do come up last minute. I wouldn't totally give up hope but I would prepare yourself to not get it. If it happens it will be a pleasant surprise.

As for the shore excursions I have never managed to clear a waitlist for those but I know others that have. If it's something really popular like swimming with the dolphins or riding a Segway - a tour that takes very few people to start with, your chances are slim. If it's a larger tour that fills a bus or two you could have a good chance. Just make sure you check again say the first night of your cruise to see if anything has opened up and let them know you are still interested.

we are waitlisted for some shore excursions. How often do you get a waitlisted excursion? I'll have a back up plan, but just wondered what our chances are.

We have found that since Princess does not make you pay for your shore excursions when you book them, there are usually many cancellations. Don't give up hope, but definitely have a back up plan just in case.

My question was really if anyone has any idea what the cancellation rate is either on Princess or this ship? Anyone ever been moved up from the waitlist? Ever heard of it happening? We don't have our hearts set on going - but it sure would be nice!

My question was really if anyone has any idea what the cancellation rate is either on Princess or this ship? Anyone ever been moved up from the waitlist? Ever heard of it happening? We don't have our hearts set on going - but it sure would be nice!

.........if you were 8th before final payment....your chances would be good to get your cabin......however, since the final payment has passed.......I would say it is not likely you will get a cabin from the 8th position.....;)

We just were on the Crown for the 3/3/07 sailing. Our friends were waitlisted and were number 14 two weeks before the cruise. Then, one week before the cruise, they got on. So, don't give up hope!

As far as the excursions being full, have you tried to do your own research. We booked all of our own excursions from the information I read on CC about each of the ports. This was the first time in four cruises that I booked all of the excursions and I will continue to do so from now on. It is so much cheaper and I think you can find more interesting excursions.

I will try to get my hopes up too much - but glad to hear that it has been done! What cabin category were your friends in? I don't know if that would make a difference or not - we are wait listed for a balcony or mini-suite. My guess is the more of a certain class of cabin they have - the better your odds of getting on.

Thanks again for sharing your info!

I will try to get my hopes up too much - but glad to hear that it has been done! What cabin category were your friends in? I don't know if that would make a difference or not - we are wait listed for a balcony or mini-suite. My guess is the more of a certain class of cabin they have - the better your odds of getting on.

Thanks again for sharing your info!

Their first choice was an inside, but they would have also done a balcony. They got an inside, though. We have been on four cruises and we just had a balcony for the first time on the last cruise (Crown 3/3/07). We always liked the inside cabins because they are so dark and you can sleep like a baby. However, we loved the balcony and will probably always opt for that in the future. Some people prefer the inside cabins because they can cruise more often with the money saved. Our friends (we were traveling with five other couples who were all in inside cabins) paid a thousand dollars less than we did. That's almost another cruise! Also, having a balcony room, we found ourselves spending more time there rather than exploring the ship as we had done in the past. I suppose this "rambling" is just to say you will have a great time no matter what kind of room you get!

Good luck and have fun!

Archived