Babies and Toddlers in the Pool

MemawB.

Of course I was talking about the hot tub. You know we can't have a thread about swimmies and not mention both :p

Hey Liv, True said that you can't touch bottom in most hot tubs, is that really a fact? How short are you? Do you need a lifeguard on board in the HT?

Hey Liv, True said that you can't touch bottom in most hot tubs, is that really a fact? How short are you? Do you need a lifeguard on board in the HT?

LOL...she knows not of what she speaks.:p No need for a lifeguard as I understand Carnival HTs are hygienic zones.

Some acquaintances of ours thought that they read somewhere that small children who were not potty trained were not allowed in the swimming pools on board ships. Does anyone know anything about this topic? Are babies and toddlers not allowed even if they use the swimmies diapers used specifically for this purpose? Any info on this subject will be greatly appreciated as they are looking into a cruise with a baby and toddler who both like to swim. Thanks.

No they are not allowed.

Now where's that dead horse ? There has been many threads on this subject.

:mad:

Next thing, he's throwing up in the adult pool (which obviously he shouldn't have been near, anyway).

A couple months ago, DH and I ran off to Gatlinburg for 36 hours to get a little alone time. DS camped out at my aunts.

I chose this very pricey, very beautiful hotel because it had a gorgeous pool overlooking the mountains. I couldn't WAIT to get in it.

We rushed downstairs, only to find the entire pool (hot tub and all) filled with children gorging themselves on cupcakes (apparently someone's birthday.) Well, you know what happened next. We started to get in the pool just as a whistle went off and the hotel manager announced that the entire pool and hot tub were closed because some kids threw up their cupcakes in both areas.

Completely. Ruined. Our Experience. I paid all that money for a hotel with a pool I couldn't swim in. And I blame the parents for completely ignoring all the NO FOOD rules, and the NO KIS IN HOT TUBS rules.

What is wrong with some parents? Have consideration for others.

And now that I've said that - can somebody tell me how you fill/empty the inflatable kiddy pools? We're bringing one for DS next month on the Inspiration.

Some acquaintances of ours thought that they read somewhere that small children who were not potty trained were not allowed in the swimming pools on board ships. Does anyone know anything about this topic? Are babies and toddlers not allowed even if they use the swimmies diapers used specifically for this purpose? Any info on this subject will be greatly appreciated as they are looking into a cruise with a baby and toddler who both like to swim. Thanks.

rtern

What is a hygenic zone, and when did Carnival implement them???

I'm not sure but apparently on SSI a security guard told some of the folks they couldn't do something (don't know what it was) in the hot tub as it was a hygienic zone.

Young children should not be in hot tubs for health reasons. The hot tub can quickly heat the body temperature, which can be dangerous over an extended amount of time. As a mother, I wouldn't let my daughter in a hot tub for that reason.

http://www.smartrisk.ca/ContentDirector.aspx?tp=3843&dd=2

Yes, normally, that is true... NORMAL hot tubs, are hot. You are lucky if the water in the hot tubs on Carnival is lukewarm... I've never been in one that even resembled "hot"... it's barely warm most of the time. (but I still don't think kids should be in there :p)

And now that I've said that - can somebody tell me how you fill/empty the inflatable kiddy pools? We're bringing one for DS next month on the Inspiration.

You can fill them at one of the poolside showers and there are drainage areas on long the edge of the decks.

Yes, normally, that is true... NORMAL hot tubs, are hot. You are lucky if the water in the hot tubs on Carnival is lukewarm... I've never been in one that even resembled "hot"... it's barely warm most of the time.

Barely being the operative word.

Yes, normally, that is true... NORMAL hot tubs, are hot. You are lucky if the water in the hot tubs on Carnival is lukewarm... I've never been in one that even resembled "hot"... it's barely warm most of the time. (but I still don't think kids should be in there :p)

Agreed!!! I have been in swimming pools that were kept warmer...

Looking forward to the "Adult Only", The Sanctuary... On the Crown Princess...

You thing they're bad try a nordic spa sometime ... essentially a cold hot tub.

Mind you they are supposed to be cold.

I'm not a member of the polor bear club thankyouverymuch.:eek:

It wouldn't matter if they could chlorinate the pool water. The parasite is apparently encapsulated and is resistant to chlorination. It lives in the intestine and is passed via feces. Crypto is highly contageous even as long as 2 weeks after the diarrhea ends. The incubation period is 2-10 days. Even the 'swimmie' thingies wouldn't prevent spreading this parasite.

People pee in pools... it happens. Adults, childrens, potty trained or not.... peeing in pools happens. When people pee in pools, there isn't a chance someone could die... when someone craps in a pool, or even has a little poopage (poop seepage), that can contain VERY harmful bacteria, that can cause babies, elderly and people with immune problems to become quite sick, and possibly die. Pee isn't pleasaant, but for the most part, it is sterile... poop on the other hand :eek: Hopefully, people aren't "accidentally" crapping in pools... it's the non potty trained kids that you have to worry about, and swim diapers don't keep the poopage in :eek:

Thank you Lucy for point out the differences....... you must work in the medical field.

I've only been on 3 cruises thus far but have yet to get into a pool. No particular reason except that that I'm not a big pool person. I have 5 kids and didn't take them on a cruise until they were teens and young adults. I personally can't see taking a cruise with a 2 year old but that's just me.

This may get me flamed but I'm glad that CCL hasn't become more Disneyesque. I like kids but when I'm on vacation I don't want hundreds of screaming toddlers and little kids running all over. If I wanted that I would take my 2 & 4 year old grand-daughters and would pick a different cruiseline. After raising and vacationing with kids for 25 years, we're taking time for us.

That's true.. :rolleyes:

I can't believe people get upset over not being able to bring their babies in the pool. It is a matter of hygiene.

OK dont flame me.. but this is what was happening on the Victory

When the pools were open, and in the hot tubs they were filled with kids.. little kids, big kids (no armor hot dogs)

Seriously Diapers in full view! No one did anything!

Archived