Question About the Destiny

Hi Everyone,

My friends and I are looking for a cruise at the end of June, and the Destiny is under consideration. I've read different accounts of what the crowd on the ship is like. Can anyone tell me what 4 age 30(ish) single girls should expect on the Destiny?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Everyone,

My friends and I are looking for a cruise at the end of June, and the Destiny is under consideration. I've read different accounts of what the crowd on the ship is like. Can anyone tell me what 4 age 30(ish) single girls should expect on the Destiny?

Thanks in advance!

Expect to have a wonderful time on some great islands in the Southern Caribbean.

I am a 30 year old in training. Looking forward to my next trip on the Destiny. Dolphins swimming next to the ship coming into Dominica, a beautiful whale sighting on the whale watch. St. Thomas, gorgeous sights, and lovely waters to swim in. Barbados was awesome, the boatyard, a beautiful tour of the island by a taxi driver named Trevor, and an awesome sunset on the beach. Go to the Caribbean often, and go on Destiny. She is a great ship, with a dedicated hard working crew. If I had unlimited funds, I would still be on Carnival, and on Destiny for sure. Cruisestrong!

I am cruising on the Destiny the week of May 20th. I plan to have a great time in the Southern Caribbean. My first cruise 10 years ago was to the Southern Caribben but some of the Islands are different which is why I wanted to do it again. I've never sailed on the Destiny but I've never had a bad time on a cruise.

To me, a cruise is the perfect vacation. You can do as much or as little as you want and it's up to you to make the most of your vacation.

So go with a positive attitude, ignore all the negative comments you may hear before you go and have a blast!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance!

And btw, my group is ages 22-30 and we plan on having an amazing time on our 5/20 Destiny cruise!!!!! No worries!!! I am sure your sailing will have a bit more kids/families, but who cares?!? You're on a cruise :)

Ok, so now my real question is about languages...do most of the passengers speak spanish? I ask because two of my friends are spanish teachers, and they don't want to be translating all the time for me and the other girl :)

Although it impossible to predict what the passanger make up will be for any given cruise (last week it was over half canadian), the Destiny in the summer doesn't seem popular with North Americans so they cut rate a lot of berths to the locals. Check the CC main board reviews for last June, that may give you an idea.

Ok, so now my real question is about languages...do most of the passengers speak spanish? I ask because two of my friends are spanish teachers, and they don't want to be translating all the time for me and the other girl :)

I heard that the ship isnt as Spanish as everyone thinks. The crew will be speaking English (or some variation of it) so what is there to translate? If anything, the announcements will be made in both English and Spanish. Just because it sails from PR doesn't mean there won't be anyone from the States traveling on it! hehehe

Although it impossible to predict what the passanger make up will be for any given cruise (last week it was over half canadian), the Destiny in the summer doesn't seem popular with North Americans so they cut rate a lot of berths to the locals. Check the CC main board reviews for last June, that may give you an idea.

LOL I gotta laugh... Correct me if I'm wrong though, but where did you get the figure that half of the ship was Canadian?

LOL I gotta laugh... Correct me if I'm wrong though, but where did you get the figure that half of the ship was Canadian?

Not an official count (but close). Last week was a big school break up here. It seemed a LOT of us chose the Destiny this year.

ETA the percentage was so high, they took away one of the US immigration lines and made it an extra non-US line. :D

LOTS of Spanish!!!! It is a very Latino cruise to the Southern Caribbean.

I wonder what my makeup will be.... But really doesn't bother me where the pax are from... If you surround yourself with great family/friends, you should have a wonderful time regardless... Mosy of those that write bad reviews are the real nitpickers who obsess over every little detail and have forgotten how to jus let themselves go on vacation and enjoy it!! :D

Sorry to contradict the post above, but Spanish was rarely heard on the cruise. We were with Australians, Germans, a lot of Brits, and a ton of people from the Northeast U.S. on school break. A great mix, but not more than 10% latino. I never felt like I needed a translator. All I needed was ice for the portable bar in our stateroom. CruiseStrong!

Archived