Just Because of You

Ya know, I just completely don't get this. Is Shelley a professional or does she just do this in her spare time? My fulltime work and fulltime school schedule do not permit time for me to make personal calls between 6:30am and 10pm. And even if I could, I wouldn't want to spend cell phone minutes hanging on hold or playing phone tag. I was really disappointed when she blew me off simply because she'd rather do business using an inefficient and inconvenient method of communication for me.

I ended up just packing the things I wanted my boyfriend to enjoy, but it sure would have been prettier and more special if it all had been put together in a basket and waiting for him when we got to our cabin. We had a fabulous vacation and I can't wait to do it again! But I don't understand why a professional businessperson would let down a customer just because she prefers the phone. What happened to what the customer prefers?

This is her business, she does not do this on her personal time and it is only her now in the office with no one else helping her. Shelley gets alot of emails requesting price lists to the point that she can not keep up with them. Every time I have called Shelley for an order I was put on hold for less then a minute. You also have to give her your credit card number thats another reason for business over the phone. Small Mom & Pop Businesses are limited especially when there is only one person running the business and taking the orders. It is understandable that her means of communication is not convienent for you but that is the way most small businesses run. If you want something bad enough you will make the time to get it.

Have a great time on your cruise.

This is her business, she does not do this on her personal time and it is only her now in the office with no one else helping her. Shelley gets alot of emails requesting price lists to the point that she can not keep up with them. Every time I have called Shelley for an order I was put on hold for less then a minute. You also have to give her your credit card number thats another reason for business over the phone. Small Mom & Pop Businesses are limited especially when there is only one person running the business and taking the orders. It is understandable that her means of communication is not convienent for you but that is the way most small businesses run. If you want something bad enough you will make the time to get it.

Have a great time on your cruise.

That is not the way most small businesses are run. Most small businesses use the internet to its full advantage since profit can be maximized with very little cost associated. Credit cards can be handled via fax just as easily as by phone, which is the method I told her I would use to submit my personal information. Honestly, in the time it took her to type out 2 whole paragraphs in her reply to my email detailing how she feels she offers the best customer service over the phone, she could have sent out 30 quotes in response to customer inquiries. My schedule is not unique. It's a shame to alienate so many potential customers.

Is she overwhelmed since she has no help? A couple of suggestions which I hope are taken in the helpful spirit they are offered: She could set her email to autorespond with a price list or a link to the price list. She could then set up a separate email to handle the much lower volume of serious inquiries from clients which would be much more manageable than how she is trying to do it currently. My other suggestion is for those of you who are very happy with her service and trying to get referrals for her.... STOP portraying her as a harried person running around like a chicken with its head cut off. You're not doing her any favors by telling people she can't service them because she's buried in email or feeling sick. People are looking to buy from someone reliable, professional, and focused on the customer's wants and needs and that is not the image that is coming across here.

If you want something bad enough you will make the time to get it.

I sincerely hope that this is not her attitude when it comes to servicing her customers. Unless she is Cartier or Tiffany's, no businessperson can afford to make it inconvenient to acquire their product. The competition is just an email away and she has ALOT of competition.

I do plan to try her again before my next cruise. The testimonials here of her personal touch tempt me. I hope my next experience with her service meets my needs. :)

Good day to all friends,

Just Because e-mailed me within 24 hours to answer some of my questions. She did say that NCL does not accept Liquor deliveris anymore..pooh,pooh on them!!:mad:

So maybe I will just order a fun fruit, cheese and snack basket

That is not the way most small businesses are run. Most small businesses use the internet to its full advantage since profit can be maximized with very little cost associated. Credit cards can be handled via fax just as easily as by phone, which is the method I told her I would use to submit my personal information. Honestly, in the time it took her to type out 2 whole paragraphs in her reply to my email detailing how she feels she offers the best customer service over the phone, she could have sent out 30 quotes in response to customer inquiries. My schedule is not unique. It's a shame to alienate so many potential customers.

Is she overwhelmed since she has no help? A couple of suggestions which I hope are taken in the helpful spirit they are offered: She could set her email to autorespond with a price list or a link to the price list. She could then set up a separate email to handle the much lower volume of serious inquiries from clients which would be much more manageable than how she is trying to do it currently. My other suggestion is for those of you who are very happy with her service and trying to get referrals for her.... STOP portraying her as a harried person running around like a chicken with its head cut off. You're not doing her any favors by telling people she can't service them because she's buried in email or feeling sick. People are looking to buy from someone reliable, professional, and focused on the customer's wants and needs and that is not the image that is coming across here.

I sincerely hope that this is not her attitude when it comes to servicing her customers. Unless she is Cartier or Tiffany's, no businessperson can afford to make it inconvenient to acquire their product. The competition is just an email away and she has ALOT of competition.

I do plan to try her again before my next cruise. The testimonials here of her personal touch tempt me. I hope my next experience with her service meets my needs. :)

Nope that is not Shelley's attitude it's mine. Shelley's aim is to please to the extent that she is able to. Every business runs differently. I know Shelley will do what she possibly can to help you and your needs. I would prefer speaking with someone on the phone to make sure my order is correct. Within the next 2 months or so Shelley will be adding more to the business to help her customers. My family owns a small business and we DO run the business pretty much the SAME way, no internet at all and we are booming. Being a small business owner and a consumer I can see it from both ends. Not all businesses can run to meet every potential customers needs, they do what they can.

Some customers prefer to have the personal experience with speaking to a live person some prefer it the other way. Some customers prefer a business "relationship" with a company some prefer feeling like part of a production line, get them in get them out. You are right Shelley does have alot of competition out there and if one doesnt meet the customers needs the customer will go to another that will. Like I said before every business runs differently each caters to consumers in different ways. As a small business owner I know that word of mouth works and when I find a company that I am extremely happy with I try to help with word of mouth. Most companies are out there for the profit hence the higher prices some have lower prices because they aim for the customer satisfaction and the convience of what the company can do for the consumer.

Just wanted to post and update our situation.

We ordered a beer basket yesterday for our cruise leaving Sunday. Not a bad price, much cheaper than on-board. I had a last minute request for a wedding cake type of thing for my fiancé since we are getting married in Florida the day before the cruise. She could have made a sale from this but instead suggested saving my money and asking on the ship. That's excellent customer service as far as I'm concerned. Seems like she's in business to help people out, not just make a buck.

I will post again when we return and let everyone know how it goes.

PS - I never meant to come across as grouchy when saying I was giving up on dealing with her, there just comes a time when you don't want to keep chasing.

hi thanks pat for the list. now what do i order...hmmm help :)

we are having some friends come on this cruise with us 2 other couples and it is our birthday cruise... (jim and I share the same day) so i want to do something special for him... any ideas. thanks

steph

Sarah, & Donna, you both have the list now!:D

Sarah, what a wonderful surprise for your Mom...I think a basket will be a nice touch to start off a fantastic Cruise!!

Dear Pat,

I'm having trouble opening the attachment. Would you be able to send it again or send it through a different attachment. Thank you so much for your help.

Sarah

I hope this will help anyone else that needs the list! I hope I don't get banned for posting it!:rolleyes:

SERVING MAJOR PORTS & RESORTS

PO Box 770473, Coral Springs, Fl 33077-0473

1991 NW 55th Avenue, Margate, Fl 33063

954-582-0811 voice / 954-582-0523 fax

800-882-9707 voice/ 800-424-9706 fax

justbecausecorp@aol.com

PAGE 1 OF 2

Following is a “Basic” list of products we offer. All our baskets are custom made, so if you are looking for something “Special” we can usually create just the gift you’re looking for!

All gifts are decorated in a most impressive presentation….Our job is to make You look good! Any item listed below can be decorated for any special occasion, Let us know of the celebration when placing your order!

Miami All Other

ITEM Ft Lauderdale Ports *

HOUSE WINES & SPARKLING WINESPort prices vary White Zinfandel …………………………………………9.0015.00 & up Chardonnay …………………………………………...10.0016.00 & up Merlot ………………………………………………10.0016.00 & up Shiraz …………………………………………………10.0016.00 & upPinot Grigio …………………………………………14.0019.00 & upExtra dry or Brut Sparklng or Spumante …………10.0018.00 & upAsti Spumante ……………………………………15.0022.00 & upSpanish Cava ………………………………………13.0018.00 & up Domaine St. Michelle ………………………………18.0025.00 & upOTHER WINES & WINERIES ARE AVAILABLE, PLEASE CHECK FOR AVAILABILITY & PRICES Non-alcoholic Beverages

Sparkling cider …………………………………………...10.0012.0012 pack soft drinks / soda ………………………………12.0012.00 & up6 pack soft drinks / soda ………………………………9.00 9.00Non-alcohol wines (i.e. Sutter Home Fre) …………13.00 & up 15.00 & up WE CARRY MANY OTHER NON-ALCOHOLIC GIFTS! WINE, CHAMPAGNE & BEER BASKETS

Wine & Gourmet ………………………………………20.00 & up 30.00 & up “Bon Voyage” Basket (Champagne) ………………20.00 & up 30.00 & up Mimosas for Two ………………………………………25.00 & up 35.00 & up Beer & Snack Bucket ………………………20.00 & up 30.00 & up ALL BASKETS ARE CUSTOM CREATED, LET US CREATE ONE ESPECIALLY FOR YOU! GOURMET & CANDY

Gourmet Snack Basket ………………………………10.00 15.00 & upDeluxe Gourmet Food Basket ……………………30.00 & up 35.00 & up Sodas & snacks ……………………………………15.00 & up 20.00 & upCandy Baskets ……………………………………15.00 & up 20.00 & up Deluxe Chocolates ………………………………20.0025.00IF YOU DON’T SEE WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR…. CALL US & WE’LL DO IT “JUST FOR YOU!”

PAGE 1 OF 2

Page 2 of 2 Just Because of You

Product List

800-882-9707 voice / 800-424-9706 fax

justbecausecorp@aol.com

Miami All Other

ITEM Ft Lauderdale Ports *

JUST FOR KIDS “Brat Pack” ……………………………………15.00 & up 20.00 & up Soft drinks or Juices or combo & snacks …………15.00 & up 20.00 & up Let us know the age & gender of the child/children and we’ll customize a gift just for them! FLOWERS

Tropical Flower Arrangements …………………20.00 & up 30.00 & up Champagne or Wine in a Tropical Flower Arrangements ……………………

35.00 & up 45.00 & up Dozen Roses arranged in a Vase …………………45.0055.00 & up Half Dozen Roses arranged in a Vase ……………25.0030.00 & up Wine or Champagne & 12 Roses arranged in a Basket ………………………………

75.0075.00 & up FLOWERS AVAILABLE FOR WEDDINGS, ANNIVERSARYS & MOST SPECIAL EVENTS! *PORTS INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO: Port Canaveral, Tampa, San Juan, Galveston, New York, Los Angeles (San Pedro), San Diego,

San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver, Seward AS, Whittier AS, Hawaii (Oahu & Maui, see below)

Check with us on Port availability, we’ll always let you know where you can get the best deal!

Not all items are available in all ports.

Hawaii-Local laws do not allow us delivery of alcoholic beverages, We offer beautiful “Native Baskets” filled with local treats and of course, Tropical Flower Arrangements direct from where they’re grown!!! Many ports offer specialized gifts that include local treats and items. Alaska, Vancouver, San Juan & Hawaii are just a few LIQOURS AND SPIRITS AVAILABLE IN SOME PORTS, Check with us at 800-882-9707LAST MINUTE ORDERS ACCEPTED!!! (No late fees!!!!) ALL ORDERS ARE GUARENTEED! Non-received items must be reported with fifteen (15) days of passenger return. We are not responsible for unreported cabin changes before or after ship sails or wrong ship information. Prices do not include cruise line receiving fees per gift or Florida sales tax & transfer fees of 6%. Standard delivery charges apply to other destinations (land properties).

Archived