Dollar Store in Cozumel (for souvenirs)

OzarkCat

Hi!

Our travel agent's wife mentioned that there was a dollar store upstairs near Panchos Backyard. She said that it was a good place for souvenirs and that you could buy things for a dollar that would cost you more elsewhere, like maracas.

Has anyone seen this store and know directions to it?

Thanks!

We will be there next week, and I'll be sure to look for it. I do recall that there are lots of little 99-cent stores along the main road--they have some good souvenirs too. Oh--and don't count on getting back your penny if you give them $1. :rolleyes:

I was just on the Dream a few weeks ago. We ended up having to tender as someone took our spot:mad: , but there was a dollar stall set up on the tender pier. When you get off your ship, look at the stalls there and see if there is one.

We were so busy we didn't get a chance to shop while in Cozumel and this was great. Got maracas, a little bottle of blue water, they had the usual touristy stuff so it was nice for the quick pick-up.:)

• 2 weeks later...

when we were in Cozumel last, we hit the Chedraui (sp?) grocery store for vanilla, alchohol and misc gifts. It's sorta like a small wal-mart.

I can't remember where it was exactly, but it was a couple blocks back from the water and near one of the piers (yes, I know that's not very specific info :) but I'm sure you can find the address somewhere).

Good luck!

Archived