Across the "hall"

brendielee

How easy is it to get to the other side of the ship? If I have a cabin on the port side and friends have a cabin on the starboard side, can you just walk across or do you have to go through a maze? I am sailing on the Sapphire in May. Thanks

That depends. Look at the deck plan for your ship. Most likely you'll need to walk to the elevator lobby to get to the other side, but depending on your deck and how far fore or aft you are it might be quicker to go out on deck and around. Or down (or up) one deck and across.

You wont be able to walk across the hall and get to your friends. thats for sure.

Depending on where the cabin is located is how you will have to go.

We had an aft cabin- other cruiser had the other side aft-- and we had to walk to the elevator and walk to the back inorder to get to their cabin

On passenger decks, there are three places to get access to the opposite side of the ship. You're never going to be too far from any of these -- at most passing a dozen cabins or so in one direction or the other is going to take you to one of the passages. I wouldn't describe it as a maze -- at farthest, it's a little walk. :)

Archived